Re: Top Tank Phase

Speaking of mpg.. What is everyone getting on their bikes (kitted and stock)?

Just what my moped's old owner he were talking that he wanted to make tank horizontal.

I think its madness to try to mount top tank on mopeds that originally had it at 45 degrees on frame like dont make a shit out of moped unless you trying to make a chopper out of it dont just swap tank position, would you like if god swap your head and ass?

darn need to learn to respect and love them they way they are originally made, jsut save up for a top tank moped if you like it so much.

I keep selling my toptanks. Fuck them. I like step throughs better.

My first bike was a magnum.

Then I had a top tank maxi.

Then I got my batavus Grand Prix.

Love large fuel capacity. My kitted e50 is now on my girls foxi. It barely goes 30 miles on one tank. :(

I have to agree about the 71 Cuda convertible it was nice to have a hardtop when it rolled but I do miss it 69s were better.

Fuck everyone who says fuck one perticular style of moped....if you like it ride it...if you don't,find one you like

As for certain bikes having newb cred....who actually pays attention to that :|

What's all this cred talk?

cred man, r- e- s- p- e- c- t

jive ass cracka ain't diggin

Emil Kniemel /

Joey Hagins Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Speaking of mpg.. What is everyone getting on

> their bikes (kitted and stock)?

i think im getting ~70 MPG on my 60cc bike. my tank holds 2 gallons but i dont like filling it that much cause it becomes way heavier.

stock was probably more like 100 MPG (or so usually quoted) and the .8 gallon tank was fine for that.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I did not want a top tank until I could find a cheap one. I bought a General/Sachs. A slow top tank is just embarrassing. A slow step-through is ok.

i have one only bc it's a florett, only 8 miles from my house and he delivered.

if that wasn't the case i'd never own one. they just don't interest me. they don't fit my eye.

No one cares what you think.

No one.

Not a one.

You're speaking into the ether

Typing to make your mark.

But you are the mark.

TOP TANKS RULE!

Overpriced Parts /

JBOT: Fear is the Mind Killer Wrote:

> No one cares what you think.

> No one.

> Not a one.

> You're speaking into the ether

> Typing to make your mark.

> But you are the mark.

> TOP TANKS RULE!

What he ^ said

I think

πΏπ‘–π‘˜π‘Ž-πΏπ‘œπ‘‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘€π‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘  πŸ¦– /

Ken Roff Wrote:

> JBOT: Fear is the Mind Killer Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > No one cares what you think.

> > No one.

> > Not a one.

> > You're speaking into the ether

> > Typing to make your mark.

> > But you are the mark.

> > TOP TANKS RULE!

> What he ^ said

> I think

Yes sir, that's what makes this place great!!

10x better than fake book where there's too much "like"

I like it

I just slapped a Batavus tank on my Hobbit to keep it step through and increase tank size. Boom.

I like the way top tanks look too. I like both. Both look cool. As long as there's pedals.

I like top tanks because you can position the carburetor where you want it not just where you can, it sucks when can't use the reserve gas in your tank because the fuel intake on the carburetor is higher than the petcock.

I like XXXXXX because XXXXXXX and even though XXXXXXXXXX

I still think that XXXXXXXXX is better, and XXXX all the people who think that XXXXXXXX is not XXXXXXXX

First off ,Atta Boy J-Bot and Will-D..2nd off...It don't matter what you ride , as long as you are in the wind ! ~(PS) Nothing wrong with riding a 1-d G-3 since you can do a whole rally on one tank of gas ...

Jonathan Feldman /

top tanks make me feel like im living the SF gang life even though im not and i never have to get gas. super hyphy. we out here. top tankin, tankin tops. tubular.

Top tanks...the original mopeds.Step-thrus came about for girls,which is fine and dandy,but top tanks were first,ya'll. don-ohio (:^)

Well, to me it's all good. Whatever trips your trigger.

30+ years ago I thought that top tanks, particularly Magnums, were God's gift to mopeds. But I have yet to have one and am more than fine with that.

As far as practicality goes, no moped tank is going to get you farther than a Batavas Regency top tank, and the largest capacity step through tank that I'm aware of is a Kreidler (over 1.5 gallons).

Observation: It's fairly commonly believed that the phrase Mo-Ped was coined from the decals of the Sears AllState (a Puch MS50 by another name).

Question: Is the Mo-Ped a top tank or a step thru? They look kinda in-between to me.

Downhill Harvey Wrote:

> I did not want a top tank until I could find a

> cheap one. I bought a General/Sachs. A slow top

> tank is just embarrassing. A slow step-through is

> ok.

HaHaHaaaaa! I never thought of it that way! don-ohio (:^)

the idea that step thru were made for girls is idiotic. there is always a step thru made with all the goodies as a top tank. step thru are just cheaper to make and hold less fuel.

step thru easily out sold top tanks 10 to 1 but male riders out number female riders 10 to 1. where's all the chicks on mopeds?

it's all about how long your sitting on a bike and how far your going b4 fill ups.

Overpriced Parts /

Boot 2Thehead Wrote:

> the idea that step thru were made for girls is

> idiotic. there is always a step thru made with all

> the goodies as a top tank. step thru are just

> cheaper to make and hold less fuel.

There is a puch maxi step through that has all the goodies of a magnum ltd?(key dash with lights, optional tach, faring with windshield, turn signals, oil injection, clubman bars, large hydro forks, trunk)

Or even a ups mocha magnum ?(key dash with lights, turn signals, oil injection, large hydro forks, trunk)

Even a magnum MKll has goodies (padded dash, oil injection, large hydro forks, trunk)

The best maxi cannot compare with cheapest magnum

>

> step thru easily out sold top tanks 10 to 1 but

> male riders out number female riders 10 to 1.

> where's all the chicks on mopeds?

>

> it's all about how long your sitting on a bike and

> how far your going b4 fill ups.

not every moped is a puch ken.

Overpriced Parts /

No how about comparing a other top tanks like general ltd to a general step through.

Rarely does a step through have the forks and features of a top tank

And ya the puch magnum is one if the best

The ssxl is the same fucking this as a step through garelli. Shut up ken. Magnums are dumb.

JOE " I HATE THE GOVERMENT" PEG Wrote:

> The ssxl is the same fucking this as a step

> through garelli. Shut up ken. Magnums are dumb.

yep, they're one small bracket from being a gran sport.

no one should listen to what I have to say- I think derbis look great.

start thread asking people's opinions

people reply with opinions

people then insult dissenting opinions

decay into people insulting others for having/sharing their opinions in the first place

moped tank tops are way better.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account