Portland Metro Area Routes

Anyone up in Portland Oregon that knows good routes to move between Beaverton and Oregon without killing a clucth on Burnside or Sylvan Hill? I know it's probably daft to want to move between the two on a moped, but whatev; The twisty roads in the west hill seem like a good place to ride for fun, not so much profit.

Re: Portland Metro Area Routes

Just go for it, carve your own route. My buddy blasts burnside coming from Cedar Hills to the eastside, but you need a fast ped for that. I'd just wing it, it's an adventure!

Justin Miller /

Its a big hill no matter how you go. I haven't done it on a ped, but Cornell to Lovejoy seems like it would be a decent route for a ride. Could take a nice detour along Skyline once you get up there also. Sounds fun!

Since it sounds like there's some Portland riders around, being a Sprint rider, anyone every have problems from the cops for riding a bike with no turn signals?

I have done the skyline to burnside but it's a bitch going back up burnside. My last rout I went over the zoo and then took the suicide bridge rout to get back to skyline then Beaverton.

Jeremy Arthur Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Since it sounds like there's some Portland riders

> around, being a Sprint rider, anyone every have

> problems from the cops for riding a bike with no

> turn signals?

Nope, never had a problem. I do a good amount of riding at night too. Hell, I don't even hand signal. Trying to get some blinkers installed though, I commute on my Hobbit. Just for safety, people suck.

Where in BTron are you? I used to live out near where Murray meets Hall and ride into town for group rides a couple times a week.

I'm off canyon close to the mini and the Mercedes dealership

I'm at about the TV Highway/170th ave.

im at 84th/Division if you folks ever want to meet up on sundays to wrench.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

i would suggest not living in beaverton. also come out for a ride sometime!

if you are on facebook look for the /portland moped things page its got a lot of ride info on there.

Steven Sabatinelli Wrote:

> im at 84th/Division if you folks ever want to meet

> up on sundays to wrench.

I'm actually really close to you. 92nd and Johnsom creek. I work Sundays, but is be down on fri/sat to wrench.

What moped page?

the /PORTLAND MOPED THINGS page jsut like i said in my last post.

the /PORTLAND MOPED THINGS page just like i said in my last post.

got it

Whoa, forgot about this thread.

Alex, you live really close to Scholls so take that up the hill from the Dublin Pub to Patton - if you can't do upper 30's you'll be dogging it for a bit, but there's a passing lane eventually so no worries. Patton is a fun and easy 25mph up over the hill and down past Portland Heights park. Then you can either take Vista Ave down to 23rd & Burnside to get into DT and/or take the Burnside bridge to the eastside, OR keep going on Patton until it becomes Broadway up above PSU and take 6th ave into DT and/or to the Hawthorne bridge to get across the river (if you have a fast bike you can take Arthur St to the Ross Is bridge).

Jeremy, you've got a little more of a trek, but if you can make it south to Hart Rd you can take that all the way east through the neighborhoods to Hall Blvd, cut up to Denney Rd, then take that to Scholls and head north past the Portland Golf Club and across Beaverton Hillsdale up to Patton. Then just follow the directions I gave Alex.

I used to take the Scholls/Patton/VistaBroadway route in both directions a few times a week on my Pinto back when it was mostly stock and I topped out at around 37mph, never failed me once.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/SW+Scholls+Ferry+Rd+%26+SW+Patton+Rd/@45.4878538,-122.7485909,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x54950bdcc6fa8d45:0x6947cc03e3066224

UB rides on Tuesdays; Angelo's - se 46th and Hawthorne, 9pm.

Puddle Cutters ride on Wednesday; Sandy Hut - 15th and Sandy, 8pm.

UB Thursday night pinball n ride; Ship Ahoy - se 28th and Gladstone, 9pm. (edited)

Thanks art hur!

truth, fuck beaverton

JOE " I HATE THE GOVERMENT" PEG Wrote:

> i would suggest not living in beaverton. also come

> out for a ride sometime!

> if you are on facebook look for the /portland

> moped things page its got a lot of ride info on

> there.

^This

Any of the other social outcasts in the beavs wanna get together to ride into Portland on Independence Day? To declare our independence from portland, as well as reason and gppd sense?

Oh, perhaps not. Seems someone decided that since my bike was locked up, my license plate would be a nice prize. >:C

^lame. who steals a plate! also if you have registration and get pulled over you should be fine

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account