My build and Tips wanted

This is my 1980 Puch Maxi Cafe that I know I'm going to get tons of hate for

Before and after pics

Matte Black all the things!

clubmans, lusito grips, throttle and levers, new cables, foam air filter and jets to match. That's as far as is goes with mods for now :/ Cut the tail and front fender to match. Ebr cross bar that was a pain to install

I have a few questions too and would love for people to help me:

I have an ignition switch with only two wires (red and black) how would I connects it to the stock wiring?

I would like to wire the headlight on a switch too, what would be the easiest way to do so?

I want to delete the horn as well, how? Is it as simple as deleting the wires?

I am gonna try to wire it up tomorrow so any tips would be helpful

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Re: My build and Tips wanted

More pictures

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

blk blk, got a blue one just like it (was).

tip #1: throw those rusty fender boltsm sprocket, etc in a can of evaporust for the night, or at least hit em up with a wire brush and some oil. (edited)

Last pictures

image.jpg
image.jpg

2 things...

1. You'll get Hate just calling it a "cafe" but not necessarily for any other reason. Bars and chopped fenders don't make something a "cafe racer"!

2. What the hell control/killswitch is that?!

I like the seat

Dirty30 Dillon /

^^^ditto.

I don't understand why people keep buying those lusito throttles, they are the worst.

It's a cheap $7 one from ebay

They come cheap in a package, I think it was less than $30 for the levers and throttle

Which seat?

i dont hate it much i guess

Thank you? Haha

Get some new tires. It one of the most important things about a moped, 30 year old tires are dangerous.

Also lights, you need them unless you are a moped ninja who prefers not to be seen at all, then I am sorry I questioned your ninja ways and humbly ask you to teach me the way of the ninja.

Thanks for the tips! I have new tires, just haven't put them on yet (gazelles) I am also going to add a taillight, just waiting on a seat so I can make a hidden bracket to hold the light.

And yes i am a ninja, my identity is ruined now, thanks-___- haha kidding

Here's a couple more pictures, all I need is a throttle cable and I'll be set to ride, I hardwired everything but put the headlight on a switch, still don't have a taillight yet, also that's not the seat I run on it, it was temporary for the pictures

image.jpg

Hardwired my maxi but added a switch to the headlight, still haven't added the brake light because funds are low, need a throttle cable too, that's a temporary seat in the photos, already added a slammed seat

image.jpg
image.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account