Peugeot 104 - not running - max offer?

Heather Zinn /

Hi everyone! This is my first post - this is a great site!

I don't have a moped, but I have 2 scooters and am looking at a moped.

I have not seen the moped in person yet, but I am wondering what is the max I should offer for a 1970 Peugeot 104 BI (not sure if it's a V as well) that is not running, but has all it's parts?

I have a very mechanically inclined friend who can help me, so that part isn't a problem.

Thanks!

Re: Peugeot 104 - not running - max offer?

Brent Bublitz /

I would do anywhere from $100 to $400. Depends on condition, what the moped market is like in your area and what is actually wrong with the bike. "Not running" could be anything from a dirty carb to seized motor.

104's are usually a pretty sought-after bike, compared to the 102's and 3's, as they're alot more rare.

If it's in real nice shape I could see one sell for up to 800, although it would have to be able to run for that price usually.

If it looked like it could run without an extreme rebuild or entirely new motor, than I wouldn't offer any more than 2-300 dollars. Not sure where you are, or how your moped market is, but where I live; mopeds are hard to come by.

Heather Zinn /

That is the range that the seller is looking for. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't way out to lunch.

Thank you!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account