76 sachs sparta electrical

Dominic Spagnolia /

Attached is pic of moped circuit and wiring can someone assist me with what goes where? Also at the moment I have not connected light taillight or horn, switch. Does that matter?

image.jpg

Re: 76 sachs sparta electrical

Someone on here showed me this. Hope it helps. (edited)

Dominic Spagnolia /

I don't have all those wires though. Sorry I'm a carpenter not very good with understanding of electrical. Did you happen to look at picture? Also can I bypass lights for now or do they need to be hooked up in order to work? Thanks for your help!

Honestly man, I'm the wrong person to ask. Someone on here showed me that because I was having wiring trouble. I suck at electrical, hopefully someone else will chime in.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

yes, it does all matter. the wiring to the brake coil has the gnd return running through the entire brake/horn circuit, the brake sensors are normally open.most brake circuits are normally closed. it uses the natural resistance of the bulbs and horn/headlight to provide the HT coil with the 8? ohms resistance needed to have the coil fire right.

to hardwire you have to rewire the whole tail and replace the brake sensors

Sachs-505_magneto_wiring.jpg
sachswiring2.jpg
Wiring-of-Ignition-Ext-Int-Ground-600x658.jpg

Dominic Spagnolia /

Is there anyway to bypass that all with a external battery? Run light and horn with a high powered battery. Thanks for Ur help!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

oh excuse me let me put it in technical terms oviously a layman...

NO.

HT coil has to be supplied by the ground circuit w/ the right resistance factor.

you can hardwire it like a puch if you get the other brake sensors or bypass them and omit the brakelight circuit leaving it on all the time.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account