Giving up on it.

Bought 2 Speed Garelli VIP 1978 for $155 not running and in very sad condition. Invested some money in it like around $200 now, yet still nothing working and every time i dig deeper i find that some parts missing.

Just when i thought i got them all, now i found clutch is missing pressure plate.

And engine head installed backwards...

And rear rim i ordered come even smaller than my current one.

Is there someone local in Los Angeles who can help me get that engine running? I live by Downtown. Can barter some new tools or i can make website for you.

Re: Giving up on it.

Oh man, We just picked up a maxi and the head was on sideways (rotated 90 degrees) :/

There's plenty of parts around, be patient.

Somehow i noticed no one has much Garelli parts and 2 speed Garelli is even more rare to find.

I guess this forum is only place other than randomly emailing moped shops around country.

treatland.tv

1977mopeds.com

and get a more common moped, mopeds are fun. (y) that Garelli does look nice though...

checked them already not have what i need.

put wanted post in buy/sell forum

fallout Survivor /

put a list of wants in correct forum.

There is a guy advertising he has a lot of garrelli parts now fyi.

email him he might have what you need .. he also has manuals.

Re: put wanted post in buy/sell forum

Whats his name?

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

with that name you must be russian

you should be able to hack the shit outta it and get it running without spending a dime

youre not thinking right stop thinking american start thinking like they did in the old country

Haha i do think like this, but some things i need to be reliable for long run i am trying to cross united states on this moped...

I checked that too including ebay for germany italy india and other regisons, still nothing. I'll contact this guy thanks.

^uh oh......

Ivan Petrov Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Haha i do think like this, but some things i need

> to be reliable for long run i am trying to cross

> united states on this moped...

i hack the shit outta my bikes and i have no problem riding anywhere

buying the right parts is too easy and boring

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account