What parts to convert Puch?

Harry Barfield /

Hey,

What parts will I need to convert my '75 Maxi S square head lamp moped to the round lamp model. The speedo on mine is internal so I'm wondering how the speedo on the round lamp models mounts? Also, can I just buy the top plate off the forks from a newer model and switch it with mine so that I can have clamp on bars?

Ta,

Harry.

Re: What parts to convert Puch?

Bullet style headlights a pretty popular. They have a mounting hole for your speedo and your speedo cable should be right length since it's mounted pretty much in the same spot it was originally.

You could probably grind off a bit of the headlight ears so there's room for a set of clip-ons.

Harry Barfield /

Where do I get one of those from? I'm in the UK and the moped scene here is almost non-existent. The only US sites I know are 1977 and treats and they are out of stock!

Harry.

Brent Bublitz /

Ebay, ask on the buy/sell forum, they are somewhat hard to come by because everyone want's em.

Figure out what diameter will look best before jumping on one. Honda Cubs have a common one that was copied by China, they are cheap but at 7" dia I think they look too big. Early Cubs had smaller units (appx 5") but are harder to find. (Cubs and China clones have speedos built in.)

Looking around on e-bay is a great way to weigh the options, searching for "bullet headlight won't search all options, try variations like "headlight speedo"

"vintage motorcycle headlight" (or moped) etc.

You'll know right away when you see the one that fits your needs.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account