nos moby

Re: nos moby

Rick Bergsma /

I can't believe it's up to $2000 .

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

The bidder driving up the price has zero feedback. You have to wonder if there's a shill bidder involved.

beautiful bike but not 2k beautiful! Would make nice wall art if I had a big enough wall... :)

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

bummer on the chrome,

^Oooh did not see that.....lolz @ 2k...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

Seriously, it sat on a dealers' showroom floor, and no one thought to protect the chrome, or dust it off, for that matter. Always cool to see NOS vintage bikes,tho. Lets you dream a little.

Yeah, a little "remember when" time. :) I remember as a kid seeing the "new" ones out in a dealership....a LONG time ago in a galaxy far far away... :)

On one hand the fact that the motor has been run means the seals might have had a better chance of not drying out, but on the other hand the fact that the tank has old gas in it means it could have rust/varnish in it. If it was disassembled in the box I could understand 2K but the way it is...

what is the clip holding the exhaust nut? I haven't seen that before.

nik g Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> what is the clip holding the exhaust nut? I

> haven't seen that before.

Holds nut from spinning. Very easy to lose because it just pops off and is prett small. I have one on my nicer 50v

^Yep they are a very often lost part, but VERY good to have.

He could of just bought a nos speedo

Overpriced Parts /

I just got this 06, 140 original mi, dealer Demo for way less then that

0-32mph in seconds stock

2k is too much for a moped (edited)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Andrew Squiggman /

wow ken, that's ugly. flip it.

Overpriced Parts /

I just sold my 04 and I missed it

It was a35 this bike that went low 40s with just a pipe. This is a 55 kickstart and is the fastest Tomos engine

I'll sell it after I have fun with it . Best brakes and suspension

Pipe, gears and performance filter are on the way

I like the black better then this/my old blue one (edited)

image.jpg

that price is crazy. I live two miles from there and bought a moby in march for 150. B een sitting in a shed for 12 years, had it running in 30 minutes

it's my bike.

it's not a nos speedo. i bought this bike(and 2 other zero mile mopeds) and 11 other bikes from the original dealer at an auction. I donated the roughest one ( a hobbit) to the thunderdrome last year.

yes. it sat, and the chrome sucks on the rims.

no shill bids. the secondary bidder had no idea how ebay works. the high bidder also had no idea how ebay worked. .

the high bidder and other interested bidders all had opportunity to buy it at the high bid, but chose not to. eventually it sold to the original high bidder at a different price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111377610059 (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account