Next build project, opinions?

Brent Bublitz /

I just got done with a full tear down, paint and rebuild on my City bike and am trying to decide what my next long-term project will be. I have something like 8 bikes right now. Only the City Bike is really "nice" and a couple others are drivers that I don't want to mess with.

I know any of these could be really nice, but which one would you put the effort in with a full build and why?

Pinto (no motor yet)

Moby 50v (av7, airsail)

Garelli Rally Sport (NOI, hammer clutch)

Bat Regency top tank (M56)

Cuylier (Sachs 505)

Califfo Deluxe (stock egg motor)

Re: Next build project, opinions?

do the moby!

leave the motor alone and just make it super nice, nice paint, nice chrome and doodads, replace and rebuild all the suspension components.

a perfectly tuned, setup, buttery smooth 50v is one of the nicest riders out there period

Brent Bublitz /

the Moby already has the airsail on it and I'm fighting heat issues, but it is the smoothest bike I have. It's running Columbia commuter forks right now. It would be a nice build, but it would also be one of the more expensive.

I was partially leaning to the Pinto or the Califfo. The Pinto is already in pieces and the Califfo is just a neat looking bike that is surprisingly strong. Both need some parts to run.

Overpriced Parts /

. (edited)

image.jpg

Francis Cronley /

I love my act airsal Moby. A pinto top tank would be cool too. Many people get bored with puchs though.

yea puch is kinda boring, you could just bang out a build on that in like a week.

I'd go califfo, get gnarly with it, porting custom pipes n intake, do some diy clutchy tunings

Brent Bublitz /

This is the Califo as it sits now.

(edited)

CAM00131[1].jpg

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

Do the Califo. Or the Gayrelli!!

Brent Bublitz /

Garelli:

(edited)

Garelli.jpg

Brent Bublitz /

Moby:

(edited)

Mo.jpg

Pinto.

califo for the win

Brent Bublitz /

I think I'm going to wind up with the Califo. The paint on the tank is trash anyhow and it's one of the simplest bikes. Single chain, three wires, nothing to it.

Patrick Keaton /

The Califo looks good as it is, but my restoration project would be the Regency [M56]. I had a TRAC HAWK [M56] in the past,and was well pleased with it.If you are needing engine work,you should learn many things if you have not done any repairs on the [M56].

replace the califfo forks, they are a safety hazard (more so than other moped forks)

Rigid califo, possibly cut the rear rack off and smooth it, different wheels...all just random ass suggestions. I really want to see the califo without that chain guard. Would tomos wheels fit on that?

Brent Bublitz /

Graham Motzing Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> replace the califfo forks, they are a safety

> hazard (more so than other moped forks)

do have some hobbit forks, I'll see if they fit.

I'm not cutting on this thing if I can help it. The Deluxe is somewhat hard to find and I don't want to wreck it up.

I'm not doing a rigid as I like my taint the way it is.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account