Motobecane 50V?

I found a Motobecane for sale. Although I don't know for sure, based on photos, I think its a 50V. The seller says the bike runs fine but the pedals are out of alignment? I'd have to see it in person.

My question is: The motobecane emblem in chrome on the side of the gas tank that appears in all the photos here on the photo gallery appears to be gone. Is that a commonly lost item? Any idea on where to find a replacement?

Re: Motobecane 50V?

new / repro's ones are still available......i think Myron's may have some

The seller doesn't know what it is really, and has it listed as a Scooter. I asked him what make and model it was and he said he can't figure it out, but thinks its rare. Looks like a late 70s Motobecane to me. I told him it should have a VIN plate that includes make and year of manufacture. I have never worked with a Motobecane. On a Motobecane, is that on the neck, or somewhere else on the frame? Also, in the off chance it doesn't have the VIN plate on it, does that mean getting a title or plate would be basically impossible?

Francis Cronley /

Yes, there should be a sticker behind the front forks. It will have all that info.

I don't have the cash on hand now and he doesn't like my trade ideas. For those of you interested, here is the moped for sale:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/mcy/4502942520.html

Francis Cronley /

Amazing deal someone bounce on it. ^^

That is a repainted Le-moped, and the guy is mistaken, title and plates are required here as is insurance. The seat is worth good $ if not all torn up. It was a "high-end" model of the 50v Av-7 bigger seat different rear shock mounting points and a really cool pull out rack under the seat, I think locking storage under the seat as well. With no paper work/plates no more than $100.00 for the parts, less than that if he can't get it started.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account