1976 Sparta buddy wiring on and off switch, anyone know how to wire it?

Dominic Spagnolia /

Can anyone help me hook up a new on and off switch? Please help?

Re: 1976 Sparta buddy wiring on and off switch, anyone know how to wire it?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

sumtin like this?

Sparta-foxi-wiring-diagram.jpg

Dominic Spagnolia /

This is what it looks like.? I would like to attach a switch that had an on and off function. But all the diagrams I found are different color combinations. Any body any good with this could maybe talk me thougj it! Thanks allot!!!

image.jpg

Dominic Spagnolia /

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

these should halp.

pretend you are color blind, use a meter to figure out the tail light circut.

the yellow is main power out. the black is usually main ground. the switch is just a one way wire that grounds when the switch is in the off position it runs to the ht coils input terminal #15 along with the magneto's blue wire.

they were wired so that they had a safety override on the ignition by running the main ground through the tailight. to undo it you have to replace the tailight brake switches, rewire brake ground to frame.

otherwise you need all oem wattage bulbs and both brake sensors must work and inside the headlight the resistor provides the voltage resistance so the brake and tail run on a reduced voltage unless the brakes are on, has to work to get propper spark. some had the horn circuit wired so it had to be in the circuit or the return ground wouldn't work.

Magneto-Wires-Chart1-591x800.jpg
Sachs-505_magneto_wiring.jpg
sachswiring2.jpg

Robert Opotzner /

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1976 Sparta Buddy with a Sachs 504 engine. Any help would be appreciated.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account