legal definition of moped

david f martin /

Legally, my Elite is a moped. Technically, it shares the same drivetrain as many Japanese mopeds.

I looked up "scooters" in Yahoo groups, and couldn't find a forum like this one. All of the forums I found were pretty much run by snooty Vespa owners.

So, I guess you guys will have to put up with me, on my Honda Elite 50s. Deal with it.

david

Re: legal definition of moped

Welcome aboard.

No problem here, us old farts have got to stick together.bruce

hmmmm .. Are you trying to say you LIKE us ... david f martin ?

I don't understand the definition either. Because Currently i own a 1985 Yamaha QT50, which everyone here considers a moped even though it does not have pedel start or anything. But if i mention the YAmaha Zuma, everyone calls it a scooter even though it has a 50cc engine like my QT50. the only real difference is that the Zuma has body panels and has wider wheels. So ya, i do not understand the difference.

David F Martin /

Yeah, I guess you guys are ok, I guess... ;^)

I've been participating on the type2 list for years (aircooled VW buses), and don't know how I could have managed without it. We even have an annual campout in NC so we can meet some of the folks we've been talking to. Some of the information in the archives is probably not available anywhere else. I've made a few very close friends from the type2 list.

Simon has done a great job on this forum. I really hate wading thru the pop-up ads in Yahoo groups. Ree has all the great stories, and Fred, you're the man when it comes to moped mechanics. I read Wayne's posts to keep up with the latest QT mutations.

I just wish I lived closer to Ohio so I could meet some of yous guyz at the BBQ.

david

David F Martin /

BTW, I try to keep my posts fairly generic. Mechanical stuff is pretty much the same for scooters and mopeds, and I know most of you don't want to read about plastic body panels and other scooter specific stuff. I think we can all get along...

david

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account