Inexpensive tires for Yamaha Towny

rick partsunknown /

Hi. I am currently restoring a Towny with very out-of-round bicycle tires. Does anyone have any opinion on inexpensive replacement tires and where to buy them at a good price?

The sizes are 2.00-16 4PR and 2.25-14 4PR. I am interested most in finding a great deal on inexpensive new tires.

Also, do tubes generally need to be replaced with tires, and is anything else needed besides tube and tire?

Thanks.

Rick

Re: Inexpensive tires for Yamaha Towny

If the tubes hold air, they're fine. They are exposed to elements and wear like a tire.

Treats probably has something for you, but shipping can suck on tires. I've personally had good luck going to a local motorcycle shop and getting tires there w/ no shipping charge. Should be able to find something in the $25-30 range fairly easily.

To get the old tires off and the new tires on you'll want tire levers. I use the plastic ones meant for bicycles to get the tires off, and can usually get the tires on by hand using good tire change technique.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account