Will Puch 5 stars fit on General moped?

Has anyone installed these on a General 5 star? If so, what needed to be modded?

Re: Will Puch 5 stars fit on General moped?

I searched but could not find an answer. I did see a General on Garage that looked to have Puch 5 stars. Anyone know for sure?

Aaron put some on a general back in the day then David had it. Just need to weld a tab for the rear brake to sit in and space it correctly. But yeah you can make em work without too much hassle.

Patrick Keaton /

Can it be done without welding ?

Alright, thanks Kyle.

Patrick Keaton Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can it be done without welding ?

If you wanna get ghetto holding the brake plate in place with zip ties then no welding needed, it's the spacing from the axle to the brake mount (forget actual name, just little nub of metal) that's different. Then of course dish the wheel to align the sprockets.

Jaime- no problem! I still wanna get out to the desert and ride sometime soon. And we need to see about some random race day, get everyone at the track and have some fun :)

No welding... drill a hole through the swingarm and run a bolt through to use as the brake plate nub.

^solid idea! I wonder if it'll effect the structural integrity of the swingarm though. Probably not enough to ever notice unless you wreck, then it'll have a weak point to bend at.

Iron man dude

(edited)

image.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account