Pressure Wash

If I was too pressure wash the under side of my moped would there be anything to worry about afterwards as far as getting wet. It's just a crusty kick stand and chain area really. Won't be doing near the carb obviously

Re: Pressure Wash

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

helps to know what kind of moped you have. You also have to worry about your wiring harness and other loose stuff.

Sorry it's 1977 safari and yeah I get that. I just did know if blasting at the front sprocket would be bad. She's cake in old chain grease

Trevor "Scraps" Arms /

I'd just get a brush and some water and soap, or invest in alot of brake clean.

Look, just buy a can of engine de-greaser or carb cleaner and elbow grease....water will get in the trans. vent,seals,magneto, and other places that it doesn't belong...a pressure washer is for decks and fencing..go wash the sidewalk....since its your moped go ahead but I do mine with a rag and carb cleaner....it only takes a minute....

Thanks dudes

Michael Thomas /

Screwdriver first, digging out the thick stuff. Then use a degreaser and tootbrush(not your current one)and a bunch of paper towels.

Used my sisters tooth brush we good! Thanks guys

Troll Arsenault /

Dave P Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Used my sisters tooth brush we good! Thanks guys

youre gonna get grounded.

Brent Bublitz /

I get all the thick crap off with plastic scrapers, then soak it for a while in simple green (spray bottle) or similar. I hit it with the pressure washer, being very careful to keep it away from the wiring, carb, stickers and other delicate bits. Works great. Helps with the little areas you can't reach easily. I also use bamboo skewers to scrape at more delicate stuff.

you guys wash your peds?????

Put that pressure washer away!!! If you have the compulsion to use it. Take two shots of Johnny walker red and call me in the morning. If we see you with it out and hooked up we will have to call protective services. It's a defenseless moped and we need to encourage its growth not its rust.

degreaser and some brushes ftw

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account