1977 mopeds is awesome

Sometimes I forget all about 77s until I need those little knick knacks that seem like you'll have to know someone. 77s was my first shop back when I lived in sf, back when it was in a creepy old warehouse. Even back then, dan and co. were always there for what I needed. So was benji back when we ran packages from his apt but this is about 77s amd treats gets more than enough deserved praise lol.

1977 mopeds is probably my favorite moped parts source and the selection is unrivaled. They just always seem to have everything i need every time. All hail 77s and all the great service they've offered over the years. 3 cheers! (edited)

Re: 1977 mopeds is awesome

is this a joke?

I like the photo they took of themselves loading up all of the month(s) old orders into a mail truck, smiling.

Ryan N. Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> is this a joke?

>

> I like the photo they took of themselves loading

> up all of the month(s) old orders into a mail

> truck, smiling.

This whole thread must be the joke, they don't ship your items, they take your money, they do not respond to e-mails, they do not answer the phone or call you back. The 1 def guy at themopedjunkyard is more productive then everyone at 1977.

matt boda1nz /

post the pic?

I've been waiting 2 weeks for 2 in stock parts to ship. They've been listed as picking since may 9. Very frustrating. I'm sure glad I paid extra for priority shipping, maybe I'll see it by Christmas

Bad Cadillac™ /

1977 Mopeds pleased with purchase poll results on MA from the last 6 months:

1 - Good (this one)

25 - Bad

yeah i dunno what you guys are talking about but ive never had a single problem with 77s and my stuff has always arrived.

sure, they did basically hire spicoli at the sf shop, but other than that ive never had an issue.

no idea what all this backlash is about

Totally normal JBOT /

It took almost a month to get the "superclutch"

Amazing.

I hold no grudge, because Dan gave me a deal. But still.

A month is about 3 weeks too long.

i just had to go double check my latest order to see if any of these shenanigans applied to me

order placed sunday: status, left kzoo, in grand rapids, will be here tomorrow.

order placed last night: no shipping update as of yet.

so yeah i dunno.

i dont really get on the genfor much so i guess im not up to speed with this hype but 77s has always been good to me so...

Emil Kniemel /

i placed 2 orders. maybe a day or 2 apart. 1 shipped the same day and received it a week or so ago. the other one just got change to picking..

its 1 item that was listed as instock..

Month plus.....for a spanner wrench....first time I got fucked by them...but I mostly order from treats so........there's that.

Dan Ott Wrote:

> Month plus.....for a spanner wrench....first time

> I got fucked by them...but I mostly order from

> treats so........there's that.

I was just thinking about ordering one of those!!

Gordon Freeman /

I ordered something back on May 6th and it's in the "picking" phase. What the fuck?

Wish I had known they had become sketch sooner.

David Shearer /

This is fucking hilarious. I just got on to ask if anyone else thinks 1977 is a fucking scam, and then I see this. I ordered (on April 30th):

Spark Plug Boot Wire -Red

Puch Sachs Peugeot Derbi Flywheel Nut

Peugeot Badge

Peugeot Polini Engine Case Pro Gasket Set

Motobecane / Peugeot Fuel Petcock - Red

Jelly Fuel Line -Red

These have been in a "picking" status for 5 days now. Please tell me it takes 5 fucking days to put a fuel line and other little shit into a box, and ship that shit out. I could understand if I had ordered an F-18 engine, but this is beyond insane.

I'll sit on a cactus and light my dick on fire before I ever order from them again.

Picking butts. (edited)

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

David Shearer /

Crazy Wayne™ rocks Cromey's Sis Wrote:

> https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9-O9Kgnghc0/TlE

> eL3AZ15I/AAAAAAAABCg/HMOyRCLTL0Q/no-time-to-explai

> n.jpg

Ordered some inconsequentials from 77 a little over a week ago. I figured if my parts where slow to come, no big deal. Just ordered some axle adjusters, a sprocket, and some valve caps (all listed as in stock). Was presently surprised the next day when they said it was shipped and sent a tracking number. Saturday it tracked as delivered. Delivered to Missouri. I live in Pennsylvania. So I emailed Dan. He said he packed the box himself... go figure.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Just call Moped Rescue to get your parts.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,599407,599407#msg-599407

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,755946,755946#msg-755946

Well when he pays his tickets to get the boot off the moped rescue truck.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,610199,610199#msg-610199

Cud driving/blowing red lights be part of the boot problem.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,576312,576312#msg-576312

And the Dope growing did not pan out ether.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,606387,606387#msg-606387

More BS.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,786989,page=1

And this ones the best he fucks over so many Moped riders in this thread thy made him a LOGO member, LOL

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,930441,page=1

Now hes doing PR for 1977 Mopeds. (edited)

While were digging up my greatest hits don't forget that today, I am the most important person in your life. To spend soooo many hours digging up 5 year old threads, don't forget to mention how important I am in your life. How today, your life had no meaning without me.

Do you wanna just bang and get it over with?

whats going on josh

i love 1977 mopeds and dan k and the swoops

I ordered stuff before last Christmas and after 10 unanswered calls and 3-4 very angry emails I finally got my items about a month ago. And they didn't even call or email me back to apologize I just got an email with shipping confirmation. It was some bullshit. Treats is the way to go I got my stuff in 3 days and it 10 times further from me than 77. Plus when I had a question about the ID size of an item they got to me with the info the very next day and told me they'd have the info for me within an hour... So all hail treats.

You don't really need to do a search for 77's bad shipping just look at the general discussion main page there's usually atleast one thread on it. It may be quicker to drive the the warehouse and pick it up in person.

David Shearer /

It's not just their shipping. It's every aspect of their business. Terrible communication, slow to update stock, failure to live up to their own shipping deadlines, etc.

It's fucking literally everything about their business.

Is 77 mopeds somehow tied to the swoops. They should be in Sumter in 2 days.

matt boda1nz /

this just got fucking awesome.. nice post cw.

Swoops are not affiliated with 77. We share a city with their warehouse. We buy parts from them. We can't help you with your order. The people associated with the Atlanta location are all extremely nice and helpful.

ordered often, never issues, great folks, terrible organization though - they got alotta getting shit together to do. supposedly it's getting better (however i see more and more complaints which implies it's sure not better yet)

Still they'll never leave you totally boned,. sometimes it seems hard to get your stuff(?) but if you talk to em they'll always straighten it out.

Probably Fred /

77 is wonderful compared to SPI (Scooter Parts International) .

It took 4 months and email threats of mail fraud to get my parts that were listed as in stock .

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account