Any Pittsburghers wanna wrench?/ride?

Laurel Coniglio /

I'm all lonely here in Pittsburgh without a lot of other moped friends to ride around and wrench with and I know some of you are out there! I'm learning about my bike through trial and error and it would be rad to plan a little get together of moped lovers. What do you say?!

Re: Any Pittsburghers wanna wrench?/ride?

I'm interested in meeting all the new pittsburgh people if someone is putting a wrench day/meet and greet together. I actually have a moped again, thinking it might be time to actually work on it and ride!

Rob GasketFace /

A few of us got together a couple of times last summer to ride and wrench. I'd be down to do it again soon. I have two running peds, but all the wrenching I need done is on my NC50 that's not running now, so I'd be down to host a day of wrenching and beers at my place in Friendship. I have a shitty garage and a bunch of shitty tools. I could also throw the NC50 in the back of my wagon and meet up somewhere else. Either way.

You going to come hang out at the LGN rally in a few weeks?

hey, laurel... I think you know my friend breen!!!

I'm in PGH two or three times a month. You could stop by the TechShop in shadyside and get access to some cool tools. I'll be there monday-tuesday of next week. Then on to Dayton for the DAM - Lions rally.

Are and SHS people still around?they were unbelievably kind to me when I went to their last rally (it was my first real rally experience)

You should find them if they still exist

Laurel Coniglio /

I do know Breen! I've been hearing of folks coming out of the woodwork wanting to hang out and work on their bikes recently. It would be super cool to get together, I mainly work on my bike in my street but garage in friendship is great, maybe we could have a BBQ!!

my friend told me about some folks in Greenfield that used to be super involved in Pittsburgh but I haven't met them.

if anyone wants to go to philly rally or dayton I'd be interested in potentially tagging along, would be my first time and then I can see if I could really hang!

Greenfield is essentially done. Becky would probably be in, but she's teaching in Africa. I guess a couple of people still OWN mopeds from sHs, myself included, but not sure who still rides regularly.

I have decent tools, including moped specific stuff. If there is beer and BBQ involved, I could easily be convinced to come hang out. I miss mopeds!

Rob GasketFace /

I'm free Saturday if anyone wants to come over and wrench/ride. I'm out of town the two weekends after that. PM me if you want to join and I'll send you my address.

I forgot to mention that we made a facebook page for Pittsburgh mopeders last year:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158367594334468/

I'll post on there to see if some other folks want to join us.

I'm about to relocate shops(garages) and would really like to clear some of my parts/frame collection. There's Hobbit, Puch, and Garelli parts for sale. The Garelli is essentially a complete bike give or take a few pieces. Also want to ride soon, doubt I can this weekend. Let me know if anyone is interested in very affordable parts....

I've been trying to get my sister in law to meet up with you folk, she needs some help fixing her express sr. don't run, but I think it might just need new plug & such, but she pretty clueless yet...

she in bloomfield

I know we've got riders in the 'Burgh cause I've sold at least a dozen bikes especially around bloomfield oakland shady side south side and south hills. We have four or five runners and a couple wrenchin' projects at home right now... depending on the 'when' we may be into it and/or our college kids and their friends take the bikes out all summer break.

Rob GasketFace /

Weather should be nice tomorrow. I'll be working on my Express in my driveway in the afternoon regardless of whether anyone comes by. I'll probably go for a ride with my gf afterwards.

If you want to join for wrenching and/or riding, send me a PM and I'll give you my address.

WillD, I'd be happy to help your sister in law with her Express and I'm sure others here would too. If she's in Bloomfield I probably live within a half mile of her.

Ken, Will W bought a Hobbit a while back that was in pretty bad shape. He might need some parts.

I'm hopefully getting my vespa ciao up and running tomorrow in Ohio and after that ill have it back at my house in lawrenceville and am always down to ride

Hey chad... once the ciao is up and running I still have plenty of vespa go fast info and stuffs ... just gimme a shout or I'll catch you when/if a 'Burgh wrench and ride comes together. Oh and Pittsburghers, I'm looking for a couple V1 bits and some hobbit stuff.

Bill Habekost Jr. /

I'm Bill H. new to the area in Delmont but I travel a lot and i'm interested to 'wrench & ride' I've got a 2 speed 82' Express and want to split my cases on a spare engine for 81' NC50(I want to put a 2 speed clutch into it & run it in mine) and pull the crank to pull the mains out;any of you have a crankcase puller like Honda uses ? or a way to remove just the main bearings..puller ?

I'm always wanting to ride but big for the bike so like 25 mph...

Anyone still around? I'm in Morningside, just moved in about a week ago.

Rob GasketFace /

Just moved out of Pittsburgh, but there are a few folks around who ride.

I'm trying to find a place to live in the burgh right now. Soon as I do, I can guarantee the organization of at least one regularly scheduled ride a week. Right now several of us moped guys are members at TechShop in Bakery Square where we fab and wrench.

Hey heyy, not in the Pittsburgh area but I'm in Indiana, bout an hour away. It would be awesome to get people together for a ride! Pa pedders ASSEMBLE!

Awesome, I would definitely look forward to that! TechShop looks really awesome, not sure I'd be able to afford membership though.

looking forward to adding some riders to the area.... welcome! im sure your google street views will start looking like ours does:

(edited)

googleearth.jpg

Anyone wanna ride this weekend?

I wish. Powdercoating my tank this weekend and making 33 clutches from scratch.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account