Fuel line

I have a Jawa Moped and i been running it wide open since i got it. It would easily cruise at around 27 MPH When it would go past that the motor would stop fireing untill i guet back down to a reasonable RPM. is this unusual or are they all like that. Now it won't go past 25 without it doing that. most of the time now i can't run it WOT (wide open throttle) it feels like it stops fireing. My plug is good and everything. would the 3,448 miles on the odometer mean anything?? I got a pretty nice size fuel line on it that kinda kinks around the bends but it don't kink shut, is it lacking fuel? it's a 79 if that helps anything. Could i need a new spark plug wire or could i use a complete rebuild. The piston is still in good shape and the cylinder walls are smooth as a baby's rump. ANyone got any good advice. Thanks

Ray

Re: Fuel line

from past experiance it could be like u said lack of fuel in the line or in the carb or yer coil may be going

there is a ton of air bubbles in the line w hile i'm running it wide open? I got the bigger 12mm bing carb on mine? Whens the best time to get a rebuild? how many miles have ya'll seen on a moped?

Ray

Matt Wilson /

If it sputters at top speed, your main jet may be a little big.

Do a plug chop to see if you are running rich.

Matt

What's a plug chop? How do ya do it??

Ray

Look in the resources then articles then Freds guide' How to fix your moped'

Ron Brown /

Ray,

Be alittle more specific about "stops running". Does it just quit firing completely at a certain speed or does it missfire ore just lose power?

btw, fuel line, plug and coil are not likely to be the problem.

A plug chop is a good idea.

Ron

Well i put on a new longer fuel line the same size as I had, but i re-routed it so it's not kinked and it seems to run alot better. But what i meant by it stops fireing, it seems like it stops fireing untill it slows down then it'll fire agian. So it stops fireing at a certain speed then fires agian after it slows down some. But it does run better now. I think it might of just been a lack of fuel.

Ray

Mike (MA) /

Ray,

When I had my sparkplug gap too big and the points misaligned, I saw my spark disappear at high RPMs. I'd suspect something in your coil/points/wire/plug path.

-Mike

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account