whats the diffrence

flannelman /

what do you consider the diffrence between a moped and a scooter

if there both 50cc and two stoke

besides the name

Re: YAHOO!

Ron Brown /

Lets have a big round of applause for everyone who resisted answering this (NONE) question.

flannelman /

hey i thought it was a good question a lot of people who drive mopeds dis like scooters all i was trying to figure out is why

Flannelman

You're the first one to ever ask us that question! That's weird.

Ron's probably confused about the differences himself!

I always thought a moped and a scooter were the same thing---!

I learn something new here every day!

Re: whats the diffrence

search the forum for previous discussions of this nature. the specifics of what makes a moped is a moped and a scooter a scooter can be found anywhere, including your nearest dictionary. it doesn't need to be re-hashed here.

simon

Re:Moving Forward (Simon)

Simon---

We know this keeps coming up, again and again.

I'd take on this project myself-- but I know I'd get help from the regulars--(where's don when you need him?!)

I would be willing to do an article or essay addressing the PHYSICAL differences as well as the philosphical differences between these types of machines.

I would read and revise all the information from the dozens of older threads-- give the answers we have as well as the questions that will never be answered....for example, is a "noped" a moped.

Flannel probably doesn't realize that this question has been addressed a million times. maybe, like "Fred's Guide" we should think about adding a section to answer this question, in more depth than anyone would ever expect.

I would also address all the "other" kinds of 50cc machines--- but only to explain why a "Monkey Bike" or "Scooter" is NOT a moped, although "The State" may tell you you own a "moped".

I'm trying to be forward thinking and proactive. When Flannel asked his original question, he might not have known how the 'tone' of the forum has been unusually tense with the senseless posts and silly crap. (imagine the moronic shit Simon deletes that we don't even have to read-- thank god for that!)

One thing we know for sure: The "Scooter vs. Moped" is going to resurface again and again. Maybe we should come up with something..... Anyone have thoughts? Ideas?

Yours,

Wayne

Dave Gregory /

whats the difference between a slug and a moped? well, just to start, mopeds go about 10 mph faster, some more some less. and mopeds get better gas milelage, have more power, more and better performance parts, funner to ride, can take much more of a beating, look cooler, sound cooler, and dont have 2 ride-on-the-side of all the roads. just 2 name a few differences

~dave~

If a scotter had bigger wheels, pedals and a different body, they could be a moped.

....a moped is what you would ride down a desolate 3rd world beach.........then up to the taco and cerveza stand............squeeze that lime , look at your big wheel and say....here i go again...............south bound......................

Ron Brown /

Yes,

Most of the people who ask this question, obviously have no powers of deductive reasoning so they won't stop. Might be interesting to read how many ways you can say

Mo(tor)Ped/(al)

Ron

I think it's a great idea Wayne. If you write it, I'll post it up as an article.

simon

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account