Need Sachs help in Ontario

I just bought a 1978 Sachs Balboa, my first moped, and I have some pretty basic questions:

Where is the best place to get parts in Canada?

The chain is bent and needs replacing - is it moped-specific, or a bicycle/motorcyle chain?

Thanks,

Lindsay

Kingston, ON

Re: Need Sachs help in Ontario

Toronto Moped Centre has some parts but they are way high on prices. You should try out handybikes, they were a big(if not THE) sachs distributor for most of the US, and they have the best prices.

What do you mean, your chain is bent?

hey i'd say take it off and take it to a motorcycle shop and see if they have any thing for yea

Jer

A couple of the links are bent so it doesn't move smoothly. I have yet to check whether anything else is bent but I figure I can hammer out everything but the chain. I believe the bike was crashed or fell over as the handle bars and levers are also broken on the same side.

Thanks,

Lindsay

Ron Brown /

Lindsay,

If you have one chain, it is most likely the same size as a 3/16" bicycle moto cross chain.

Tahe it to a good bicycle shop and they will have one or can order one for you.

If yjey don't normally sell BNX bikes, ask them to look up 3/16" chain in a supplier catalog.

Be nice to them, you can use lots of bicycle parts on mopeds.

Ron

Not true for Sachs. If you have a 2 chain set up one of them is a bicycle chain. If you can find the master link, you could take the chain off, and bring it to a motorcycle shop for matching. Some lawn mower and small engine repair shops may also have what you need.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account