av88 build progress... slow!

Just thought I'd share this project. I'm always pretty preoccupied with vespas, but I have been working on this off and on.

Details: av88 frame, 18" wheels, stock tomos forks, av7 stock cases, 74 parmakit, modified stock av88 head, ninja g3, er2, mbk cdi, mbk av10 kickstart, technix crank, 19phbg.

obviously a bunch of other wacky shit going on there too. (edited)

IMG_20140331_211253.jpg

Re: av88 build progress... slow!

† CH∆D † /

OH WOW. You gotta match that curve on the tail with your seat. Love it. Modern looking everything with a rust throwback frame, nice contrast. PIZZA PAN RIMZZZ FTW!

thanks! thats exactly what I was after with leaving the frame. and yeah Im doing a curvy pan, and getting it upholstered all nice and fresh.

† CH∆D † /

Headlight thoughts?

dual stacked yellow rectangle fog lights I found at fleet farm. ill post a pic later. they are sweeeeet.

† CH∆D † /

Yellow bubblevisor & a ring pop & your DONE! DONT FUCK UP THE SEAT & I'll commit to this as my favorite

ha thanks man! The seat has had alot of seat pans cut, mocked up, then scrapped. I am confident that my latest effort will be the right one.

† CH∆D † /

You could even try to have it curl up into a cowl like this at the back. Lots of Japanese builders are doing wicked stuff like that with seats. So much detail is such a little thing. Thing looks like a cartoon shark that was punched in the schnoozle by POPeye

Looks great so far man. I've spent a ton of time trying to come up with a seat for mine too, gotta be just right to match the flow of the frame.

I know exactly what your saying, I'm sure you'll like it when its done.

U have more money than sents, just saying to be a dick!

† CH∆D † /

I trust. Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted.

Ted Jay Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> U have more money than sents, just saying to be a

> dick!

Ill ignore your terrible spelling and tell you that almost every part on this bike is used (i.e. way cheaper than new) I also got the frame/swingarm/wheel for free.

Sorry I am just a buzz stomping dick! ignore me.

if you fuck it up, i swear i'm gonna come up there and rip that tool out of your hand. ;)

damn good bro!, i had a complete 59' av88 in my hands for a while. i had no use for it. there was nothing to do but ride it. :(

Lol thanks scooter. If this one would've been complete I would've been more than happy to ride it. Unfortunately piecing a bike together from the late 50s is way more expensive than just making some dumb custom bike.

i like everything about what i see!

neat! I am working on one for rally season this year too

50cc Doppler AV10 / bidalot variator / clutch pulley / ninja G2 / mikuni 24mm flatslide / HPI mini rotor etc etc

sorry for dark photos; winter will never end

Would be rad if we could end up in the same place once this year

woah, what year is that Ian?

Hell yeah! That thing is nice! I'd love to see it in person! I was afraid if I went av10 I would never stop putting money into it haha

you know thats true! :P

1962 probably; not too much investment this time around, all stuff I have lying around after a few moped race seasons. This was pretty much my race set up two years ago, but on a motor bicycle built for two

damn, i guess i should start buying race parts. that's pretty PSYCK!

The engine part of my project started out as stock everything, plus the 74 parmakit. I just kept seeing deals. Ugh

CasseLOLers Tyler Wrote:

> The engine part of my project started out as stock

> everything, plus the 74 parmakit. I just kept

> seeing deals. Ugh

BACK AWAY FROM THE CUMPEWTER

Dirty30 Dillon /

CasseLOLers Tyler Wrote:

> The engine part of my project started out as stock

> everything, plus the 74 parmakit. I just kept

> seeing deals. Ugh

The terrible curse of the internet...

Hahaha yep.

great build

CasseLOLers Tyler Wrote:

> Hell yeah! That thing is nice! I'd love to see it

> in person! I was afraid if I went av10 I would

> never stop putting money into it haha

^That is the problem I have! I have two av10 bikes so far, and the av88 will be too when I build it next winter. All are expensive as fuck.

Oh yeah here's that light I was talking about. Soon to have a second one mounted above.

(edited)

IMG_20140402_171722.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account