Motor City Riots and Mopeds in the News!

A few weeks ago my club, the Motor City Riots! had our first annual Get Your Shit Running event. During the event a local journalist stopped by with his bike looking to meet some riders and a friendly wrench to help out. Sounds like we made a great impression!

Check out the article here!

See you this rally season!

(edited)

riots logo.jpg

Re: Motor City Riots and Mopeds in the News!

[Radium City] kyle k $ /

cool story bro

My favorite part is ""The problem is this carb - someone has done something to it and it needs to go in the garbage," Andy Scouten 2014

NB0tt aholetechbro /

Join your local "Club"

Alex Samul Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My favorite part is ""The problem is this carb -

> someone has done something to it and it needs to

> go in the garbage," Andy Scouten 2014

I don't mince words

A bit misguided, but he's from the local "Vintage Scooter Club" https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rovers-Scooter-Club/84275030981

It's pretty cool that he came by and got so excited about what we had going that he gave us a completely unplanned write up.

This is great!

Brandon Compton /

Oh big shots, getting all the media attention, how about you buy your ole pal Zoidberg some lunch.

you mean some of this action?

Well done indeed - everyone loves unsolicited positive attention!

I personally enjoyed the write-up, to a certain degree... I didn't like how he involved the "Legality" of speeds and such. We don't need local law enforcement to totally understand THAT law. Lol. Secondly, I'm not sure how "Mainstream" this journalist is, or who large of a following he has.. but disclosing the location of the nasty and it's contents kinda bothered me.. a lil. Security is always at the forefront whilst inhabiting a location like the Nasty Yacht Club. Never the less, it was super cool to be noticed. Just my opinion, guys. After all, no one knew it was even being written.

There is two schools of thought, one is that the more people know about us the more likely we are to have a "Security Breach" the other is that the more publicity we have and the more that our presence is know, the less likely that anyone will fuck with our place. After all, 90 % of crimes are crimes of opportunity. If people think the place is always in use, opportunity is limited and people are less likely to try anything.

Really I think this entire line of thinking is irrelevant because the only people that would break in would be looking for scrap metal; and those people don't use the inter-webs.

I don't think disclosing the location is going to be of any consequence. If they were worried about people knowing where the spot was they wouldn't have painted dollar bills and 'MOTOR CITY RIOT' in giant letters on the building.

Brandon Compton /

Chris HnRz Wrote:

> I don't think disclosing the location is going to

> be of any consequence. If they were worried about

> people knowing where the spot was they wouldn't

> have painted dollar bills and 'MOTOR CITY RIOT' in

> giant letters on the building.

lmfao

Violation of media blackout.

Not sure how many would-be criminals are reading The Examiner lol

The perceived problem is not people knowing that this is the MCR club house; it is them being able to associate the contents of the shop with the fascade and/or location.

I own the place and I'm liberal with sharing the knowledge; but is is / will continue to be an issue each time we are approached with offers to write and or film about what we are up to. There is no real resolve among the membership but it is certainly something we need to remain mindfulll of due to the location (with regards to potential for crime).

Exactly ^

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

NB0tt's Moped Taco Racers 100% Daily Nutritional Value Wrote:

> Join your local "Club"

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt Wrote:

> NB0tt's Moped Taco Racers 100% Daily Nutritional

> Value Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Join your local "Club"

Thanks for the b.u.m.p Bro!

Don't bump me Bro!

fuck a Club and the news. if it was real NEWS that lame ass fuck should have been there years ago.

The secret to sleeping on a concrete floor is copious amounts of alcohol, actually It's no secret It's called passing out.

Brent Bublitz /

Did you mention E-bikes?

Ted Jay Wrote:

> The secret to sleeping on a concrete floor is

> copious amounts of alcohol, actually It's no

> secret It's called passing out.

Haha Ted!

Did you figure out if you're making it up here for the rally yet? Hope to see you.

CHECK IT OUT!

my nooby moped made the St. Louis post dispatch back in 2009. i think i was only riding about 2 months then.

the reporter tried to video interview me but i said too many cuss words so that got the boot. i met MikeBeezBlkBlk, a bunch of Breakfast Mafia, MidMoPeds and even Buck Swild from the Bandits that weekend of Missouri Loves Company 1.

(edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account