MopedLar Ride...the end of an era...

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

It is usually this time of year when I officially announce the date of the NJ based MopedLar Ride. However, sadly, this year, I am announcing the end of the ride. After last year's ride, Kim and I agreed that the ride had grown larger than we could safely support.

The last 11 years of hosting the MopedLar Ride have been amazing. Kim and I met so many folks and made so many good friends over the years, we wouldn't trade it for anything. While the ride will be no more, Kim and I will continue to be active in the moped community and participate in as many rides/rallies as we can.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who made the ride a big success. We couldn't have done it without you.

Thanks again for your support!

Re: MopedLar Ride...the end of an era...

Jerry Franek /

I get to be the first to THANK YOU! for the music of two strokers at play. You are truly a fine gentleman and the best friend a pedder can have.

awww^......Ok i'm officially bummed out.

Wow, I was looking forward to the ride but I understand. You guys put a lot of work into these rides. I'm glad I was able to be a part of some of them. Thanks to Larry, Rob, Kim and everyone else who made them possible.

I'm going to miss not going to this ride this year. Never had a bad time even all of the years that it rained. Hope to see you around soon, thank you and Kim and Rob and everyone who made it fun.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Thanks Larry, Kim, Rob.

for many a good ride through NJ. I will continue my counciling to not hate NJ, but you made it alot harder for me now. i wish to thank everyone who ever showed at one. it makes my recovery easier knowing there were other folks who ride mopeds.

thanks for all the fun I had at the rides. will miss them .

I hope the era of the MoPedLar Rides with efforts of good planning & organization will carry on to those who attended & other future riding events.

For years we will continue to talk about...

-free parts Larry has donated to us

-great deals from the moped adoption years

-those who have learned how to ride smart & those who have not

-the epic first big hill that people bombed out on

-and that Shades of Death named road

-and the McGyvering too.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Why dont you east coasters ban together and everyone host it!

Rob K Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hope the era of the MoPedLar Rides with efforts

> of good planning & organization will carry on to

> those who attended & other future riding events.

>

> For years we will continue to talk about...

>

> -free parts Larry has donated to us

> -great deals from the moped adoption years

> -those who have learned how to ride smart & those

> who have not

> -the epic first big hill that people bombed out

> on

> -and that Shades of Death named road

ok rob now how does one ride smart

By learning...

thanks Larry. going to your ride for the first time at age 16 was one of the things that really got me excited about mopeds... knowing that there were lots of other characters out there messing with these bikes. i always looked forward to making a visit home to see my family and come to your ride. Perhaps I will see you in Hershey/Harrisburg this year... you're a one of a kind guy and you've done a great deal to build the moped community in the PA/NJ/VA area

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

Yeah! Bummer I had a lot of fun at this last year. Seized a million times going 25 uphill! Crazy scooter things, and just some good old riding!

i had fun that time i went larry was great i rode his 80(35)mph jersey tomos

got the nicest shitty casal off rob k trade for some even shittier derbi parts

thats where i met seth zaizer(rip) coolest and weirdest dude i ever met and i get tears every time i think about him

that sucks it will be your last ride this year i was hoping to make it back again but wont have money for it this year

Man, Lots of good memories, I can't believe it's been 11 years since the first one! I might still show up to see what Kim cooked for dinner... Thanks for all the good times, come on down for a Lancaster county ride this year.

sad to see the ride ending..

i had so much fun

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Big thanks for all the props guys! The ride had a great run and Kim and I loved every minute hosting it.

^^^Jay, just to be clear, there will be no ride this year. Last year's ride was the final one.

Thanks again!

Thank you for your great hospitality and the opportunities you gave my friends and I to enjoy your neck of the woods on mopeds!

Bummed about the ride but understand the leg work. Went to several rides and enjoyed the slow and go. Have a memory of some kid winning the raffle bike a crappy A3 bullet and he was so excited hooting and hollering. also when some guy took off and thought he went into the river. Hope to pass by some time and check out the garage. Peace Ray RIP Seth

Perfekt Timing Angel /

The MoPedLar ride was the first 'big' event I ever attended as a newbie mopederist. That was 9 years ago.

Everyone was so nice once we finally got there (after going the wrong way a million times). I was ill-prepared for this rally after loaning out my Snark to the guy I bought it from and staying up 'til 5 am trying to cobble together a new set of forks for a Sebring I had just bought. A flat tire took me out of the game, but I still had a blast.

Lar, I know you and Kim, and a whole hoard of fine folks go above and beyond to make this event happen. It is exhausting, and I understand your decision to retire it.

Thanks for all the memories! I'll see you guys in Hershey or elsewhere!

Arnie Sparaco /

wow a big upset but i completely understand. Larry, kim and rob you guys worked your tails off and im glad I got to made it 2 years in a row. Hope to see you guys at upcoming rallies. Thanks again!!

Found this video, don't want to highjack but maybe post pics and vids from your adventures at Moped Lar"s Rides

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/87884890" width="500" height="333" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="

">Instructions May 18 2011</a> from <a href=" http://vimeo.com/user23867084">Ray Doucette</a> on <a href=" https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p> ;

sir thaddeusforemen /

bummaa, i was looking forward to having this ride/rally to be my 1st on the east coast. best wishes !

Better movie posts please!

Wolf Wizard /

last year was my first and last lar ride I suppose. it was a blast. see you around!

so much to say, but Thank you.

this picture sums up so much of my experience at larry's.

you left a deeper impression then you know.

threadjack, who is that in the helmet @ 0:34 in the video ray posted?

it's been a year tuesday.

to larry, i'll try to pass on what you've given me.

Larry has been known to sing Jefferson Starship and Joan Jet classics.

(edited)

As well as tell a few jokes.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Don't forget Billy Idol....lol...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account