Simson S51N Moped Pricing Question

Steven Duffy /

There is someone I know that has a moped that I have never seen in person. I have seen them on the web. What I would like to know is what the price range on these mopeds are. This is what he told about this one.It is a 1985 Simson S51N with a clear Ohio title. The bike was brought in the US in 1985 and use about 5 or 6 times that year for a pit bike. Then the bike was parked. He said he cleaned the carb.,tank and a few other things. It runs and starts like a new moped.Also he said it wasn't a moped because it didn't have pedals.Everything on it is original,chrome like new and the paint is fantastic.The reason I'm asking is because he said it would take a $1000.00 to buy it. This sounds like a I don't want to sell it price.I have attached a picture of it. Any price suggestion or if any one has one like this let me know.

sachs 016.jpg

Re: Simson S51N Moped Pricing Question

That good sir is a small motorcycle , not a moped...i've seen them go for anything from $350 -to what ever the right person will pay for it...looks like a keeper too me ?!?

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Eastern Bloc stone age technology, but extremely rare in the USA. If it runs as mint as it looks, I would say a grand is almost fair. I jones for a Simson trike.

wow this bike brings my memories it was a such of cool machine

It looks to be in good shape and having a clear title is a big plus. It's probably worth $1000 to the right person. Offer what it's worth to you, the worst thing that can happen is the seller turns down your offer.

You really do find some cool bikes Steven. Come up to C-bus and ride with our group this spring/summer/fall? Matt How many cc's and speeds does it have?

Steven Duffy /

I was told by the owner the Simson S51N is 50cc - 3 speed made in Germany.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Don Sumpter "0fmc" Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That good sir is a small motorcycle , not a

> moped...i've seen them go for anything from $350

> -to what ever the right person will pay for

> it...looks like a keeper too me ?!?

Your so fucking full of shit Don,

Just stop posting it proves what you don't know.

@Crazy Wayne ~ I refuse to ingage in a battle of wits with a unarmed man ! ~ (edited)

You should both shut up. Nuff said.

Offer the guy like 750. That's a pretty sweet little bike and it looks nice and clean. Dude obv took pretty good care of it, but it seems like manufacturing quality might be a little shoddy on these. Put a pipe on it and see what it does. They made an enduro model that looks p sweet.

Here's some stupid videos of them in action. I couldn't find any in English/American so I'm assuming not many of them made it over here.

Not very good in the snow are they. Oh well, West coast.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Don Sumpter "0fmc" Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> @Crazy Wayne ~ I refuse to ingage in a battle of

> wits with a unarmed man ! ~

Don,t need arms to kick your ass.

if you dont buy it give me the sellers info i will!!!

dude that is totally worth a grand. clean and rare as fuck in the US. fuck, i want it!

Simson's are fucking dope!

I saw a bunch last summer in hungary.

It was funny because you could buy one for around the price of renting a bicycle for a week (i looked into both and chose to do neither)

but there they went for somewhere around the equivalent of 100-400 bucks.

Here though, and in that condition>? i'd be asking a grand. probably accept any offer over 6

Steven Duffy /

Here is an update on the Simson. The person that owns it thinks it is still a rare bike due to the condition. I thought I ask him about the title, but he said he told me the bike was never title. I found out in Ohio if a bike that has never been title you pay $115.00 and do some paper work good chances you will get a title. I really didn't care about a title,just thought it might to help lower the price without title.Anyway I worked out a deal with him he had me list it on Ebay for him with a reserve. If the bike doesn't meet reserve we will talk a lower price. Sounds like a good deal to. Now all I have to do is wait and see.

simson 011.jpg
simson 006.jpg

Marius Bochynski /

Hi did you ever ended up buying that S51?

I'm asking because I'm on the market for one.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account