points HELP!

pink floyd /

I HAVE A 1976 PUCH MAXI AND JUST RAN AN HOUR AGO BUT NOW WHEN I TRY TO START IT THERE IS NO SPARK AT ALL. SO I TOOK THE PLUG OUT AND PUT ON THE CYLINDER AND PEDALLED STILL NO SPARK!! SO IF YOU COULD IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Re: points HELP!

I'm just gonna give you some things to try. Is your spark plug o k ? How about a burnt out tail or brake light ? Check that all wires are 'fixed' to the terminals tightly and not loose or dirty. What about the spark plug cap ? Is it loose ?Is the kill switch stuck on ?Check these before doing anything drastic. bruce

Ron Brown /

HEY PINK, QUIT SHOUTING, WE CAN HEAR YOU OK.

Now, check what Bruce said and replace the spark plug just in case and I think, on a Puch, some people have lost spark because of the horn connection. If the horn has 2 wires on each terminal, make sure they are connected correctly and I think one of them is tied to ground, make sure that is a clean connection.

Ron

Have you ever cleaned and set the points themselves ?

if you haven't ... Do it .

Make sure the wire to ignition "off" switch or the switch itself is not grounded somewhere. Use an ohmmeter.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account