Wiring

Jazz /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

First of all I would like to thank both Ron and Mike for helping me out with the question on my 78 Columbia commuter. I had some problems with my computer so I could not get on line for a few days. Anyway I have 5 wires coming out of the magneto assembly. Blue, Grey, Yellow, Green, and Green w/Black stripe. I have a Bosh magneto labeled 6V 22-5/10W. Even though the wire diagram was for a three-wire setup, it was very helpful, thanks Mike. I at least have a general idea on how the whole ped was wired. I ohmed out the blue wire and it read zero with the points closed. I thought cool…Thanks Ron, great idea!

From there, I wired the coil and rigged a cable for the clutch.

After welding and re-tapping one pedal shaft, I spun the pedals and guess what?

SPARK!!

I realized that I still had a long way to go but even so, it was a good day.

I now have compression and spark.

I tore the whole ped apart again so that I could deal with the rust in the tank and give the whole frame a new coat of paint. After stripping off four coats of crappy paint I found a factory yellow. I’m partial to red..So red it will be.

I would like to eventually wire up some lights so I would be very grateful if anyone out there could give me an idea on how to deal with the other four wires from the magneto.

Well I’m outta here. I need to get back to resurrecting this ped. Thanks again!

Big Jazz

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  WiringTopic by: Jazz Jazz 05/15/02 09:09PM
  Re: WiringRe: mbartell mbartell 05/16/02 11:55AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account