How do you add extra lights?

How do you add extra lights to your moped. Do I need to buy a certain light to connect it? I have a Trac moped and I cannot find a spot to add it in. Can anyone help?

Re: How do you add extra lights?

JIMI HENDRIX /

JUST ATTACH IT TO YOUR ALREADY EXISTING LIGHT WIRE AND EVERY TIME YOU TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON THE EXTRA LIGHTS WILL GO ON.... BUT THEY PROLY WON'T BE THAT BRIGHT BECAUSE ALL OF THE POWER GOING TO THE LIGHTS.

thanks

Do I need to buy a certain light or can i just hook up any light.

How do you add extra lights, and do i have to by special lights for my moped?... Does trac still sell parts to mopeds?

Trac went under a while back .Hard to find parts now. U can add any 6 volt light to it. Do you have an olympic by anychance? I ask this bacause i have one tand they have 6 volt batteries on them so the lights dont dim out. If its somethign different you may get away with one more light but dont push it or they will all be dim.

Trac Man

SteelToad /

I hooked up a couple of automotive halogen headlights on my Tomos. One thing you should be aware of is that most auto type lights are grounded through the case. I drove myself a little batty till I figured that one out. You will probably have to isolate the light from the frame/ground.

Nylon bolts and washers worked fine for me, and then epoxy to hold everything steady. The lights dont come on any way near as bright as on a car, but still brighter than the original. With a couple of diodes, I set it up so that low beams is one bulb, high is both.

Take a look <a href=" http://www.mopedmagazine.com/mm/mymoped.html">my moped</a>

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account