Smoke

My friends moped smokes alot. What can we do to make it stop or atleast make less?

he has a 89 Trac blitz, i think

Re: Smoke

Dave Gregory /

where is it smoking out of????the pipe or the engine??? he could have even just spilt something on his ped... tell him to clean his moped GOOD, then find out where its smoking from....if he can't tell by just looking.

~dave~

it smokes out of the pipe. even when you turn it off and look in it you can see a bunch of smoke.

my sprokets

also another this, I was looking around and I realized that what front sproket(26 teeth) is larger than my back spocket(22 teeth). That just didn't seem right to me. Is it like this for a reason? does it improve anything? or what it just seemed odd

Are you mixing the gas/oil mixture to the right ratio ? bruce

it's auto mix. I told him that something might be wrong with that. but i don't think it's buring to much oil.

I'm not familiar with 'auto mix' ? Find out what the ratio is ,40:1 or 50:1 or what ever for that moped and make sure the mix is the same as what you are putting in. bruce

Maybe try using a high quality synthetic oil, also clean out the muffler and see if that makes a difference.

daveb

the sproket thing does seem wierd

I have a 89 Blitz as well. Also has the auto lube thing. Mine smokes too. All i can say is dont worry about it. Its not going to hurt a thing. Mine has done it sence i got it 2 years ago. Very good ped though. Nicely built. But yes, they do tend to smoke a little much. My advice is, try not and look behind you :)

Trac Man

he means oil injected....

seth it is called oil injected....not auto mix. there are spokets that give you more speed. thats y its bigger. ur friend should clean out everything....the muffler, the carb..everything. he might need a new exhast.....but probly not

~dave~

Re: he means oil injected....

yeah i knwo about the speed spoket thing, but I just thought that the back one was suposed to be bigger.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account