Go Matic kit Accessory for Honda?

Rollo Tomassi /

One of these is available locally, supposed to be New Old Stock. Dude wants like $250 for it though. It seems to be an accessory for Honda trail bikes in the 60's. Made in USA. It looks like you would put two rear sprockets on, mount this little gizmo to your swing arm, and then you would have a cable actuated two speed. I might violate moped laws in most states, if cops had any idea what it was.

http://chalopy.blogspot.nl/2010/01/go-matic.html

Know anything about these?

Re: Go Matic kit Accessory for Honda?

If I was into Honda C trail motorcycle. I would need to own this gizmo! Nice find. 250$ is cheap.. they costed.. 43$-64$ when they were made back in the day the new release stated.. today money .. hmm glad you don't have to pay for the shipping from over here.! I say sweet find! buy it! if you into the honda c motorcycle.

Rollo Tomassi /

Thanks, that was helpful. Actually, I'm not into Honda's (Nothing against them). I have Mobys, and old Motobecane motorcycles. It seems like a product that could be used on most types of Mopeds.

You would need a square Moby swing arm and the control that goes with the Go Matic.

alotta old trail bikes had a separate giant offroad sprocket. they'd use 2 master links and you'd just link in the extra length of chain for offroad, or take it out for the topend on-road gearing.

later honda started putting the hi/lo switch inside the motor on the ct90s and 110s so it was a quick easy high/low switch. it think these were just a quicker on/off switcher for the old style, and became pretty much obsolete

it wont work on the fly, it shifts when you're stopped. the bikes it was made for were geared already, and it just was to switch the overall final gear ratios for offroad gearing once you reach the trails or woods.

this is FUCKING AWESOME.

Here's another post about them

http://chalopy.blogspot.com/2009/12/go-matic.html

I thought about trying to track one down for my ct200, but from what I've read they're pretty noisy; what with running 3 chains and all. More of a collectors novelty for show than a practical device for riders.

If you could run that on a Motobecane and switch the gearing while riding then you could easily kill yourself. 11/56 can pull 60mph then switch to 11/24.

if you gota real old ct90 you could always just spend 250 and get one of the later motors that had the hi/lo shift in the motor. this thing's still pretty cool tho.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Very cool, afterthought technology.

I have the hi/lo on my atc110, and it is awesome.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

kinda like running a ten speeds front sprocket on a batavus m48,

hmmm...

Don Goodreau /

I have one of these setups on my 64 yamaha mg1 trailmaster but im not sure how it operates? The bike is getting powdercoated and is disassembled now.they say its controlled by a cable?

I just realized this kit exists and now my life is meaningless until I can get my hands on one for my K0.

*******ISO GO MATIC KIT *****

B09D1179-351F-4D0A-91E7-126FABD65F0C.jpeg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account