Tomahawk cup... it's a go

Christophe Naulet /

It's early but I just got confirmation that the dates are locked in for a new "Tomahawk Cup" event next year organized by Fink's Mopeds and Woolly Bullies.

Super existed and little nervous since it's my first Tomahawk event.

Fink's Mopeds behind the project is renting Grange' race track in Apple Valley, CA for an entire weekend May Friday 16th to Sunday 18th for a great moped race/rally event.

No details yet, but I just wanted to announced the dates in advance so you can mark them on your calender.

It should be a fun weekend for everybody, camping, bbq, booze, races, relay race, rides in the desert long roads, parts exchange, deals on performances parts sponsored by online stores, tomahawk custom and race peds represented, maybe a raffle bike, and all the radness that comes with moped rallies.

We really want it to be a big event and celebration for the moped community from all over the States.

I'll probably be in charge of figuring out the moped race classes. Hope to see new people with stock or kitted bikes on the track and fellow racers with monster mopeds from the old Polini cup, 6 months should be plenty of time to get your bikes ready.

(for the hard core racers, the next bicycle/moped race will be Saturday April 12th, 2014 at Willow Springs go kart track, I'll be there)

Fink's and the Bullies are really good at organizing those events and there will more updates next year and an official post as we get close to the rally but if you have any suggestions let me know.

Thx.

Christophe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/13 02:36PM by Christophe Naulet.

Re: Tomahawk cup... it's a go

Yertle the turtle King of The Turtles /

On my calendar.hoping I can make it out by then.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

nice grips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew Baker /

Will I get kicked out for riding the track at night again? Everyone knows mopeds are faster with the natural cold air intake from good ol' mother nature. How bout a night race?

Christophe Naulet /

Night races are fun. I did one in the past at Adams track, Irvine.

Ok I'll suggest it for sure. thx

† CH∆D † /

Who in the fuck spent that much time on that bike? Its terrifying

Worst build ive ever seen. I absolutely hate it

Christophe Naulet /

That would make a cool raffle bike... :)

Just talked to Tyler from LB Mopeds (long beach, los angeles) who is also sponsoring the event and will build a raffle bike and give away lots of free moped parts.

Thx dude!

The build:

A race Puch Maxi e50 one speed Polini 65cc with 77mopeds super clutch. Custom paint by Mel-Mar body shop.

† CH∆D † /

The dildoped is not the raffle bike though, cha? I see euro plates on that audi

i'm already telling people about this like as if it's happening next week

NEMA Victor (3 Knees Down) /

Well, if I can get everything sorted out, I'll be there Christophe. Just need a spot to stay since I don't even know where I'm going once I get to CA.

Finks is super stoked to be a Sponsor of this event, Grange Motor Circuit is a special place that allows us to be creative in planning what hopes to be a Annual event. We are working hard to provide free food and drink for the entire weekend, more details coming.

Christophe Naulet /

Awesome. I was hoping for free food.

Finks LOVE mopeds and always organized cool events, this one is going be really fun.

Christophe Naulet /

I'm sure we can figure something out.

I should ask Ryan a local racer who lives close to the track if he can offer you room for you and your moby race bike, I want to see that thing on the track!

Christophe Naulet Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm sure we can figure something out.

>

> I should ask Ryan a local racer who lives close to

> the track if he can offer you room for you and

> your moby race bike, I want to see that thing on

> the track!

I know it's a bit early, but is there a limitation on frames? Just picked up a Bidalot RS1 replica that I am probably going to use next year for NEMA. Otherwise, stock 51v frame is already done.

I'm interested in this. When you get details let us know.

Also dick grips on a raffle bike were so 2 years ago, cause we did it already.

I might ride a stock maxi at this.

GUT Rider Class Please!!!!

250lb+ Riders pushing them moped motors to the limitz!

-Honest™

Details still to be worked out. Stock class is a must though! Gut class would be amazing.

Victor, I don't think anyone is gunna mind if you bring a Bidalot RS1, quite the opposite actually.

Christophe Naulet /

Bring it, no specific rules for the first event, other than probably 80cc max and classes to separate, stock from fast and variated from non variated, but I'm ok with an unlimited class too.

We've got plenty of time to run all kinds of classes.

Plus I want to see all kinds of bikes, show bikes, monster bikes, anything.

We're racing for fun.

Christophe Naulet /

Some dude in Europe apparently, might have copied yours who knows.. :)

it's ok they're a little behind when it come to style.

Yea I'll let you know about the details. But you can bring any bike you want really, no fancy rules. Just classes to separate slow bikes from fast bikes, variated from non variated, or something like that.

I want a fun race weekend with the fastest mopeds in the US.

I don't want anybody left out because their bike is too fast or not considered a"moped" cause of the pegs or the revolution engine, etc... just come down with any fast moped you have and lets play!

Christophe Naulet /

Yea I'm sure we'll have a stock class, it's always a fun race, plus there will be a ride in the desert for those who want.

A stock bike never lets you down.

Christophe Naulet /

Hell yeah! That's sounds good.

250 lbs minimum. Let's bring a scale.

I'll be rooting for you.

Christophe Naulet /

Yep, I think this actually the best event to bring any of your crazy bikes.

People will be expecting to see that stuff, me the first one.

I heard Treats is cooking something special for that event, some fast 50cc secret project.

I want an old school feel when moped racing was at its peak, not too many rules, stock class, gut class, variated/ non-variated class, relay race 4 riders, monster fast class, etc...

More than anything we want it to be a fun celebration for our moped community and also give to people fairly new to moped an opportunity to discover new levels of tuning.

just give me a heads up and we can house you guys.

super secret 50 you say... hmmm

Sweet sweet. Good to hear. Now for a long winter build. Keep us posted!

I would like to make it out West for this. Road trip after graduating sounds like a good idea to me!

Yeah, OK, I will plan on this. Victor, I think we can get a good deal on shipping from another MA member; especially if we crate up the bikes together. Something to keep in mind. . .

Christophe Naulet /

Thx Ryan.

Yep monster 50cc... can't say more.

Christophe Naulet /

Get that Bidalot RS ready you're gonna have some serious competition here between all those fast bikes, Tomahawk, LB mopeds, maybe Shaw's derbi revolution 86cc, and all the fast racers from Sacramento, SF and Portland if they come down.

Epic race!