68 miles!!! take that don-ohio

Dave Gregory /

i finally got my beast up and running saturday :) it feels great 2 be ridin again!!!! today i went 68 1/10 miles today from 10a.m. to 9p.m. a lotta stuff happened. first, i let my older bro ride my ped'....w/no helmet. u can guess what happened nxt. he got pulled over. nothin happened to him or my ped. ne way.....a little while longer i was just ridin around and all of a suddin 1 of my friends jumps out in front of me and i stop @ his house. then we went ridin out on some trails out behind his house :) he was using a banshee....i was using my moped.....but i kept up w/him on the turns and through the mud pits and small dunes...guess what i get 2 do tomarrow....clean all of the mud out of every possible place it could be hiding. but damn it was cool

~dave~

Re: 68 miles!!! take that don-ohio

Hey Dave... What did the cop say about helmets ?

Are you in MI ?... (Colon ?... the "Magic Capital of the World")

I thought helmets were required in MI... but Miguel said on here that helmets weren't required in MI on peds... so actually I don't know... but they are for motorcycles.

Ron Brown /

Fred,

There is an age limit in MI for wearing a helmet on a ped. !9 or 21 or some other number that does not affect us.

You and I are "helmet optional" age.

Ron

Fred and Ron, Are you guys going to the BBQ?

Ron Brown /

As long as the weather is good.

How far are you from kzoo Ronnie? Do you usually take your motorcycle and tow the motobecane's?

Ron Brown /

About 95 miles by back road. I've ridden both times.

Ron

Didn't have plans too...

but its always a possibility... but my ped has never been what I consider to be trustworthy enough either.

It can't ever even run 'the same' for 30 miles at a time.

But Sooner or later I'll get it straight... (I think)

Its 140 miles for me... or a 45 mile 'truck' then 95 mile ride I guess.

Right now I wouldn't go without a new 'spare' drive belt.

... and the ped still has the original (1978) front tire on it... hehe.

and 20 pounds of tools

nope im in massachusetts...they are required here....but it was his first offense on the moped so he didnt get in trouble...not even a written warning

~dave~

But Ron... I'm only 17

Dave Gregory /

im only 14....

Matt Wilson /

Dave,

Not that I care, but in MA don't you need to be 16 with a driver's liscense?

I'm in Northampton, and the police don't really care or know about mopeds. Even when I get pulled over I can usually talk my way out of it. I assume its the same with you in (Athol)?

Matt

Fred

If you read Fred's guide and follow his advice you may be able to get your moped running more dependably

hee hee

Yeah, thank God for the Dollar Store and Odd Job store... I've got tons of their tools and patch it up quick items in my breadbags too

you should have seen it when i got pulled over and the cop insisted on searching my bread bags! I offered to open them, but he insisted that i sit on the curb while he did it. he just looked really confused and finally asked me for help. hehe.

Come on Fred, "You can dooooo it!" Meet up with Ronnie and ride down with him.

yep u do have 2 be 16...but u only need a learners permit....but half the piggies dont know the laws for mopeds. they do know that i am suppose 2 have a permit.....but i dont bother them.....so they dont bother me.

~dave~

--im trying 2 start a branch in massachusetts....u wanna be in it??? and do u know any that wants 2 be. either reply if u wanna or email me

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account