home made go-ped

i was at K-mart today, and they have this lil push scooter thats got full suspension, like a mountain bike, i got a 32cc engine off a mantis roto tiller awhile back and realized tonight that it has a dry centrifugal clutch mounted on the drive shaft. im gonna mount it on the back of this suspended scooter, it'll be able to idle like a moped (and from what i hear about these tillers, be pretty freakin FAST too!) im gonna try using chain drive, sprockets on engine and rear wheel, and a minibike twist grip 4 the throttle. any suggestions on engine mounting design would be appreciated GREATLY. i dont have a machine shop, and my dad wont let me get a MIG welder (even tho i use one at school regularly) so building a reliable engine mount is going to be hard. luckily the rear fork of the scooter is a swingarm, because of the suspension, so ill be able to remove it to make a mounting. anyone here ever done somthin like this b4? is it hard to do?

-Garret

Re: home made go-ped

chuck russo va /

take your design to a welding shop and have them weld it for you

Do a general search on netscape for ' Scooterworld' .Find Tzi's scooter world. This is the site for you . I'm trying to put a go-ped together for my son. bruce

chuck russo va /

i used to be into gopeds, if u can find a goped roller ( goped frame with everything but the motor) and then u can use most mcolloc weed wacker motors the one with the spark plug at an angle, take off all the plastic crap and put a spindal in the crank shaft and it will bolt right up to the goped frame

u can find all sorts of goped things on ebay and on gopednation.com

heres one i made all by myself no bought frame nothing

this pic is it in my basement while i worked on it over winter

i have a 35cc chainsaw motor on it and 4.3:1 gear ratio

i had a 25cc motor on it before and it went pretty good

this will go alot better

i suggest you check out Tzi's scooterworld Im there adn it helps you out alot

heres the link to it

http://ironbark.bendigo.latrobe.edu.au/~jedg2/scooter/

DCP_0005.jpg

my engine already has a 2 shoe dry centrifugal clutch bolted to its end, im going to run it chain driven off the rear wheel (modifiying a 12 inch kiddie bike wheel, or putting a sprocket on the scoot wheel somehow) and one on the clutch on the engine, its an ideal powerplant for this because of that fact.

-Garret

Spike Bachman /

I've got a similar project. I'm using a weedeater engine on a schwinn YO scooter. I'm going to have the engine mounted on a spring loaded swing arm. The spring will lift the motor from contact with the scooter tire when stopped or at idle. There will be a plate welded on top of the assembly which I'll press my foot against to place the motor's wheel into contact with the scooter tire for propulsion. Good luck with your project.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account