love my towny, but it maxs out at 45mph due to ignition limitations.
0) fix yer current problems
1) drain and refill your transmission with SAE30 non detergent...i forget how much goes in there... 50ml maybe? 100ml?...ml==cc
2) drill a couple holes in the back of the airbox, this will get you up to 35mph (40mph downhill)
3) take off the rear fender and install a fatter rear tire to increase it overall diameter, this will get you another 1-2 mph
4) ride it and enjoy it. super peppy off the line
5) dont let it run out of oil
when you want to go faster...
1) you need to replace the carb, i put a 14mm PHVA on mine, took the intake to a machine shop and told them i wanted to spigot mount this carb to the stock intake
2) buy a QT50 mlm pipe and have it hacked, bent, and welded to fit.
remove the oil injection, it pumps so much oil that i was taking me like 10mins to get the engine up to running temps
want to go faster...?
1) figure out a way to make the ignition adjustable or hunt around n find a CDI that will work.