Ike Fist, rest in peace

John Joedicke /

With regrets that I have heard of the passing of Ike. (Ikes Bikes) A good friend, fellow rider and just great individual. No details at present. The moped community is going to miss a good one. RIP Ike.

IMG_2117.jpg

Re: Ike Fist, rest in peace

Jimbo "Chase Truck" Daddy /

:(

Aaron Bajongus /

Sucks, Nicest dude.

He lived in the middle of nowhere but if you ever when to his shop he was more than happy to have you hang out for the day!

Wow he took the time to sell me/ship me small puch parts orders like nos puch crank bushings puch control screws.

When shops like Myron's who had those parts at the time but wouldn't sell/ship me/too busy at the time such a small parts order of two bushings when I needed them the most.

Ike took the time and saved me though he only made a few bucks on the order

I got the parts like the next day .

Good guy

What? Damn, he was super nice and would always give me his cost on Tomos parts.... sad.

So sad. Super nice dude when I met him. And from the sound of it, he sold off everything moped related with the last year with the exception to the mint Magnum.

man...ike was great. this is news none of us wanted to hear. rip ike.

(if you can hear me, thank you for the "most beautiful maxi in the world")

Damn.. . .

Maitland Of the Loin /

wow, never thought i'd see the day....

Carter Denny /

RIP Ike.....

Sad news indeed.

RIP Ike

That is sad. He was a nice guy for sure. He sold hard to find stuff at very reasonable prices. RIP

Sad to hear; my condolences.

:(

I never dealt with him but have read tons on several forums... I am, very sad about this...Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/13 04:24PM by xeta prime.

That sucks. Ike was awesome. He's the one that helped me get my first Newport running.

Sparkle Maxi came from Ike? Sad news :( RIP IKE...Heard nothing but good things about him.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

sad day indeed,

i bought my very first moped part off ike.

a puch e50 stator plate. i should bronze it. it is still here.

End of an era, so sad. Didn't know or meet Ike, but his vision has become one of my passions. RIP IKE

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Whooooaaa...a legend vanishes. RIP, Ike.

:( A really good guy, Ike.

More Ohio history vanishes... sad day indeed. RIP

This sucks. Ike was a big part of the moped community. RIP.

aw this is sad i love Ike RIP buddy

Andrew Browning /

Ike was the guy you called back before these things were cool. He knew everything. I will miss him. He did a lot in terms of carrying moped culture ( i know goofy term ) from the early 80's to what it is now. He will be sorely missed.

Michael Coonan /

He's probably showing God how to fix mopeds. Sad day for the community.

Don Pflueger /

john, thanks for posting and sharing this. I haven't logged into or looked at a moped forum in a very long time, and I was shocked to hear this. ike was a great guy, and even though we had a falling out over really stupid stuff, I respected him and still considered him as a good friend. he and I would talk on the phone for hours at a time. he was always willing to help me out when I was thinking about becoming a tomos dealer. and he even put in a few good words about me to tomos. his rides were a blast. his shop was awesome. his sales and service could not be beat. always willing to lend a hand to anyone that needed it. he will be well remembered.

thanks for all you've done ike and I hope you rest in peace.

donp

woah, donP... haven't heard from you in forever. how's it going man?

a lot has changed around here since we saw ya last. hope you're well.

Don Pflueger /

I'm doing good. haven't been on a moped forum in a long time. well, at least not on this one or mra. I'm still an admin on moped2.org. the last forum posts I've made were on tomosmopeds.org before matt decided to close the site down. I don't do anything with peds any more. I still have my 2000 lx, but it's in bad shape from sitting in my garage and getting knocked over quite a few times. my son must of run straight gas in it too cuz the engine is locked up. I may rebuild it this spring, then put it up for sale. haven't ridden it since 2005. I ran into over the weekend and knocked it over with the plow on my big tractor trying to make a turn into my garage. then after I picked it up I sat there looking at it and thinking about how much I used to love it. then I decided to visit some of the old forums. yeah some things have changed, like the looks here. but still a basic forum format. it was pretty easy to figure out. good to see you again, it has been a while.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Don?

I have been hit or miss with this forum for the past few months and just now saw the news on IKE. That is a super bummer. Ike was a great dude, Ive bought many a parts from him, hung out at his house a bunch of times and went on some of his rides. I was there like almost 10 years ago when Smitty was hanging out at his house. I had a red puch maxi with a tomos kit on it, Ike welded up the pipe for me. Last time I saw ike was like 5 years ago, I bought a tomos with a pryer rear end from him and he told me about Chuckles cause I saw his old bike still there.

FYI, I know have Chuckles old Tomos fat boy... got it through local trades with the dudes that got it from Ike. They trashed it but I got it rebuilt and running strong again.

Don I know Ive meet you a couple of times at Ikes house.

Sad to hear he passed, what an awesome guy!