I got a new.....umm snail

Andy /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey guys before you all unload on me I do have a real ped also that is in the basement ('78 motobecane) and going to be my summer project. I got a yamaha vino 'bout a month ago for my daily driver though (this is my primary trans. I don't own a cage). I had a hard time deciding between a new Tomos and the snail but a few features on the snail won me. I have also made a few add-ons since I got it. and since I have been seeing posts about air horns and radios and such just thought I'd share my mods too.

Travel trunk from JC Witney

This is great, it comes off of the base by unlocking and pushing a button. and the permanent mount without the trunk is better than the luggage rack. http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=123208&BQ=mot

Radio-portable mp3 player and amplified speakers velcroed to the trunk. I'm sure not as loud as a car stereo but loud enough

scorpio cyl-300 alarm with pager- lucky the snail has a battery, this will page me if any a**hole messes with my snail as well as a wailing alarm

Kryptonite NY chain and lock-TOUGH chain and lock

also installed is my Ham radio antenna and mount for my handheld radio and mic.

I am currently trying to figure out how to mount a drink holder without drilling holes. I also remember someone posting a picture of a snail with a homemade trailer on it. Does any one remember who that was, and I wonder if a trailer would be legal in most states. IN state law concerning scooters and peds doesn't sayanything about it.

just curious

Andy

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  I got a new.....umm snailTopic by: Andy Andy 05/02/02 08:18PM
  Re: I got a new.....umm snailRe: Andy Andy 05/02/02 08:22PM
  Re: I got a new.....umm snailRe: RogNC RogNC 05/03/02 06:28AM
  Re: how fastRe: ken ken 05/03/02 09:26AM
  Re: how fastRe: Andy Andy 05/03/02 06:55PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account