RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?

Ivo /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Over here in the Netherlands you have to wear a helmet for riding a moped. You don't have to wear one for the types limited to 20 Mph. If you get caught here by the cops without a helmet it'll cost you about $100 and in the meanwhile they'll test the power output of your moped. I always wear my helmet, not just for the cops. Hey, I even wear a leather motorjacket because it's safer and it looks really cool on my moped. Untill now I've been in a traffic accident twice (not my fault either times) and I am totally convinced that a helmet is worth it. If you're going to get a helmet I suggest you get a good one, not just the cheapest mopedhelmet on sale. There are great differences between mopedhelmets and motorcyclehelmets, the helmets for mopeds are designed only for speeds up to 30 Mph, the motorcyclehelmets for much higher speeds. And besides that a motorcyclehelmet is much more comfortable and has a much better airflow inside the helmet to prevent a fogged up windscreen and give you more fresh air.

The cheapest helmets around will cost about $80, the helmet I have now is a motorcyclehelmet and costs about $150. It's a HJC (American brand!) type ZF7, I can really recommend it.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Topic by: Simon King Simon King 09/29/00 06:28PM
  RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Re: Ivo Ivo 09/29/00 08:03PM
  HJC is KoreanRe: Fred Fred 09/29/00 11:37PM
  RE: HJC is KoreanRe: Ivo Ivo 09/30/00 01:02PM
  RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Re: twowheelers twowheelers 09/30/00 02:00AM
  RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Re: Gilbert Gilbert 09/30/00 01:25PM
  RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Re: Jim C. Jim C. 10/01/00 12:10AM
  RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Re: Reeperette Reeperette 10/02/00 08:22AM
  RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Re: dave dave 10/02/00 10:13AM
  RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Re: Reeperette Reeperette 10/03/00 01:01AM
  RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Re: Nick Nick 10/03/00 12:10PM
  RE: Do you [have to] wear a helmet?Re: Ivo Ivo 10/03/00 06:19PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account