Moped to South America

!http://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/404367963_f743ec4015.jpg!

In 2006, Zach Levenburgh and Graham French set foot on a voyage which would be the longest moped trip in history. Their five month, 13,000 mile trip to the southern most tip of South America at speeds of around 30 miles per hour are a testament that travel is not solely about the destination.

Zach and Graham shot video of their entire trip last year in hopes of producing a movie documentary. Their documentary dreams were crushed after a mugging in the last 48 hours of their trip when their last two weeks of footage was stolen along with a passport, check card, digital DV camera and many other things.

So, Zach and Graham are returning to South America with their mopeds and they will be shooting new footage to complete their documentary. They will be back at the end of the month and plan to release the documentary this summer along with a photo book.

They have dedicated 6 months of their time on this project and in speaking with them you can truly see their desire to share their trip with the world. Their determination will not allow this movie to not be made and is a huge testament to fulfilling ones dreams and making awesome things happen. In order to hit the area in the appropriate season and time frame, they are leaving the country with very few funds and they are reaching out to their future viewers for help in funding the rest of a movie not yet finished.

"DONATE HERE":http://mopedtosouthamerica.com/htdocs/donate.htm

Watch the Moped to South America Trailer:

Re: Moped to South America

oh man the trailer is so fucking awsome i cant imagine what the real movie is gonna be like.

I think the documentary is premiering at the Kalamazoo BBQ right? just one more reason to go to this rally.

Here is a direct link to the video btw. Leave a comment and a rating and pass this video along to all your friends.

oh shit is that video link busted? does it load for anyone else?

Holy shit.

That is too fucking cool.

My hats off to you fellas. I have new heros.

Keep riding,

Justin

fuck yes

Moped to South America

Awesome trailer. I'll drop in a few coins later today.

AY CARAMBA!Jerry

awsome. i love reading and watching about other peoples moped travels. looks liek you guys had great adventure.

Just Curious

Good Luck to you guys. Have you tried contacting some shops or companies whose products you use for sponsorship? Motul, Polini, etc... I would love to take a trip on someone else's dime.

at the end it sounds like graham yells, "i'm going to burger king!"

can't wait for the full-length.

Re: Just Curious

I know for the initial trip they were sponsored by Motul. There might have been others.

Creatures are Epic

Please visit the website to see the good version of the trailer. The utube one is a draft. Not much different but better.

Rafter

I read their blog about the trip. Almost unbelievable how that many things could have gone wrong, but look where they were. Actually a really sad story to me. I hope they don't feel that way about it, but I can tell you if it had been me, I would have turned around early in the trip for reasons I would have considered more important. Someday I would like to take a long distance moped trip (not that long), but it would be all in the U.S. Peace. Jerry.

There you are, gentlemen, my $ have been sent. If you ever want to enter your film in the Victoria Independent Film Fest. just email me.

Good luck.

we should go burn a big pile stuff in honor of their trip. an offering to the gods of safe travel.

I wonder how many times they had to decarbonize, considering you're supposed to about every 2k miles, and they did 13k

That video is awesome!

they did switch cylinders around alot, its not a sad stroy at all either, i'd say more of a comming of age for lee, hehe i already missed them during the drive back from the airport yesterday.

Elliot the sentimentalist ;)

elliot after hours :) /

when lee hugged me i cried like a frenchman who watched the germans march under the Arc de Triomphe, le sad

OK, I'm in for $20.00

Good luck and have a showing when you get back.

Be careful

ahhh elliot

where do I send the CASHshshshhs.

click on the donate here in amy's post and then the donate button on their website. it is through paypal.

Respect....this is realy the cooles thing i have ever seen !

i dream about it, you guys just do it !

amazing, respect !

elliot gotta get his /

donating makes you sexy

In taht case out me in for a kidney. :)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account