Tomos help

I have a tomos that takes forever to start and when it does start, it will run but if its slowing down to a stop at a stop sign or something it will just die, then trying to get it to run again takes like 10-15minutes, what's causing that?

Re: Tomos help

you prolly just need to adjust your carb settings, could be flooding your engine out... When was the last time you checked your spark plug? When you take it out, is it black with carbon? If so, take sandpaper and clear some of the carbon off. The carbon comes from a too rich gas/air mixture. You might even want to invest in a new plug. Again, check your carb settings and adjust them 1/4 turns and see how the bike responds. Hope this can help.

Ehh the spark plug was gunky, i sprayed it clean with started fluid and then tried to run it and it didnt run so I took out the plug again and it was gunky again, but I'm almost sure it has nothing to do with the carb...

Sprint Man /

You might need a new spark plug, and/or a new piston kit. Jones could be right, you could have the carb idled down too low.

HEY NICK - I AM NOT AN EXPERT BY ANY MEANS ALTHOUGH I HAVE HEARD OF SIMILAR PROBLEMS. IF YOU NOTICE THE GAS CAP HAS A LITTLE HOLE IN IT. IF THIS IS CLOGGED IT CAN CAUSE ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS. TAKE A LOOK OR JUST CHANGE IT TO SEE IF THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY.

HOPE IT HELPS

Garret Rassulo /

if its an older Tomos (made before 1993) you may have breaker points, they may need to be cleaned. check freds guide in the resource section for how to do this. also take apart your carb and clean it, sounds like you might have a clogged jet too. its either a spark or fuel problem. tomos gas cap vents are around the sides underneath, look closely at the bottom of the cap, and you'll see what i mean. also get a new spark plug, id recommend a champion RL82C gapped at .30 their great plugs and about 3 bucks so definitely get a new one!

-Garret

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account