Re: Summer Mileage Contest

Jamie Leonard /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

(missed the original response here... gotta love the float to top! :)

Actually I can use public transit if the moped ever breaks down - thats what I do for rainy days anyways (I don't mind being rained on, but I mind having cars around me speeding with low traction ;) I did a count... riding into work (according to my speedo) is 44km (so a fair amount of riding each day) and takes me about 55 minutes to just over an hour.

Scary really... the last place I worked I rode the moped just about every summer/fall/spring day (a good 9-10 months of the year basically just stopping when things iced up) and that was only a 8 km ride total (but took about 25-30 minutes, higher levels of traffic)

So far the Tomos has been ultra reliable for me - in 3 years of running the only things replaced are: Flasher unit (twice, second time I went with an automotive one... had a couple pebbles get up underneath somehow and dent the thin metal on the flasher housing... then no more flasher. Now its a plastic shelled one that seems more durable and is the same voltage so far as I can tell), two bulbs (headlight and a flasher bulb), and I replaced the tires (which didn't technically need it, but I am just not fond of those "slick" stock tomos tires... anyone else find the wet weather and gravel performance of those tend to be fairly bad?

Jamie

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Summer Mileage ContestTopic by: Wayne Wayne 04/29/02 03:14PM
  Re: Summer Mileage ContestRe: don-ohio don-ohio 04/29/02 03:57PM
  Re: Summer Mileage ContestRe: Dave Gregory Dave Gregory 04/29/02 05:36PM
  Re: Summer Mileage ContestRe: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 04/30/02 03:46PM
  Re: Summer Mileage ContestRe: don-ohio don-ohio 04/30/02 04:13PM
  Summer Mileage Contest UpdateRe: Wayne Wayne 05/12/02 06:19PM
  Re: Summer Mileage Contest UpdateRe: don-ohio don-ohio 05/12/02 08:37PM
  Re: Summer Mileage Contest UpdateRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 05/13/02 12:54PM
  come on down wayne :)Re: Dave Gregory Dave Gregory 05/13/02 08:36PM
  Re: Summer Mileage ContestRe: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 05/12/02 07:46PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account