seal around clutch cable

I am having a problem finding out the name of a part on my 1980 Puch Maxi 2-speed. I don't have a manual for it yet - and I can't seem to find a clear enough diagram for it on the web that actually lists the names of things on the exploded view diagrams.

Anyway, I seem to be missing a piece on the transmission housing where the clutch cable screws into. Because I don't have this piece (this is on a used bike that was given to me - so I didn't lose it and didn't see it to begin with) I don't know what it might be called or looks like. This piece, whatever it is, seals in the transmission fluid. I have a 1/4 inch gap around my clutch cable where it attaches into the transmission - and I can actually see down into the transmission.

What is missing? Where can I find it (used)?

Thanks

Bryan

Re: seal around clutch cable

try www.themopedjunkyard.com

Thanks!

I am sure they have the part - but I don't know what it is called to know what to order.

Can you help?

They should have a picture of one though.

Hey Brian, I had a 2 speed Puch engine and think I saw the piece still in the engine with part of the cable hanging out, it`s a used motor I don`t know anything about (condition), If there I will holler back tomorrow. Doug D. (VA)

Thanks Doug! Let me know when you can.

Bryan

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account