I started this project about a year ago, and there is still tons to do to finish it up, but was motivated to start a build thread based on a few comments on the bike in another thread. There are tons of pictures (maybe too many). Let me know what you think if you're so inclined...I can say that the Swoops, MA, the community, rallies and seeing what everyone else builds is the only reason I was pushed to see this through. Y'all are tits.
What I started with.
For some reason I painted the frame before I knew what I was building.
Subframe designed in Illustrator
Early mockup in laser cut acrylic
Transferred to Rhino 3D for waterjetting
Disc brake hub adapter planning
Early work on tail section. It's made from two-part foam covered with fiberglass mat, ultraglass and body filler
Fiberglass fender cast off of front tire
Seat starting to make sense. I just cut the "seat" out of the tail section and made a fiberglass mold of it, then cast out of softer two-part foam.
Jig for deck spacer
Spacer cur from aluminum with laser-cut gaskets
Clutch bell milled down to remove front clutches, steel adapter made to mount the bell straight to the crank.
Welding up exhaust
Clutch bell exploded first time it ran. Did a little damage
Test mule ready for Inverness
Build your own bike kit ready for paint and powder coat
Can't wait to get all the pieces back and put the bitch back together! There's still a bit of transmission work left to get takeoff and top speed just right, but working on that now.