Re: 11th Annual MopedLar Ride....May 25th, NJ

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

Gonna have to bail on this. Acadia was a little more exciting than I expected and the bank account is hurting.

Wolf Wizard /

According to the weather, We getting lots 'a sun and 70 degrees!!!!!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

If the weather forecast holds, this will be one of the best (weather wise) rides we've ever had. Let's hope it stays this way. I'm pumped for a great ride and BBQ!

Well i certainly wont forget to bring sunscreen. And I will start with a full tank of gasoline. I will fill up my tank at the gas stop so i don't run out of gas.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I really hate having to mention to come to the ride with a full tank of gas, but it never fails that someone shows up at the last minute with little to no gas in their tank.

Jerry Franek /

And I would add, for those who rarely resort to their reserve petcock position, to remember that they have one. I mention this because I was embarrassed to have RobK top me up when all I had to do was choose the reserve.

Damn Mobys and damn old age.

due to the miracle of a broken arm I'm off work for a while so that means I should be able to make it this year! obviously won't be riding, but I still want to come hang. I'll just read a book or something during the ride. looking forward to it! also Jerry you should come by anyway! we'll be "too unwell to ride" together!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

^Chris if you come, I'll try to see if we can get you in one of the chase vehicles. If not, how are your BBQ'ing skills? lol....

Yeah, Baltards can flip some meat if they stay behind.

Well, you know what I mean.

Raymond Wright IV /

Any 'Peds for sale this year Larry?

I'll be bringing some Puch/Tomos parts to sell for anyone who needs them.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Ray, I don't have any peds for sale this year, but you never know what people are going to bring to sell/trade.

Hey folks, how do you register for this? I have never been to a rally but would like to try to come. I'm in Philly so I just need to figure a way up there. O and whats the $/human?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

You register when you get here on Saturday morning. It costs $5 to register which covers all your food and drinks.

Holy cow this is getting close! I can barely contain myself.

Hey boston pick me up on your way down

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

im stoked

This is like 105 hours from now! Trailer full of bikes and trunk full of camping gear... very excited.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

I'm lookin' forward to long roads, good people, and blowin' up my bike!

F'real. Fresh rebuild, new top end, completely untested. NO FEAR...ok, maybe a little.

Maybe Captain America will be my steed this year. That bike needs redemption after the great tire fiasco at Shades of Death '06.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

The weather forecast is holding steady......sun and temps in the upper '60's for Saturday. I can't wait.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

^Angel, I remember that tire debacle. I think you went through 2-3 tubes before you realized there was a nail in the tire. Don't feel bad, I've done it myself.

I plan to come up friday night . I have missed the last few rides.

john cervini /

ARGGHHH!!! I so want to go to this. Still can't find a ride. Anyone from upstate ny going and have room?

Perfekt Timing Angel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm lookin' forward to long roads, good people,

> and blowin' up my bike!

> F'real. Fresh rebuild, new top end, completely

> untested. NO FEAR...ok, maybe a little.

> Maybe Captain America will be my steed this year.

> That bike needs redemption after the great tire

> fiasco at Shades of Death '06.

Angel, I'll bring a tow rope, just in case ;-)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

hey chris which arm? i have a super slow sachs with a footbrake.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Lol, yea, that was pretty funny. We kept getting lost around Tamaqua trying to get to NJ, too. All that, and staying up 'til 5am replacing the forks the night before the ride.

The whole reason I was even riding that bike is because I loaned my Snark out to the guy that told us about the MoPedLar ride. I bought the Snark from him a month or so prior because he got pulled over in PA for lack of legalities. Seemed the right thing to do.

I took one for the team that year.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Also, yes, Ian, bring a tow rope! Haha! Can't wait to see the turn out this year!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Just did a recon of the ride route.....66.42 total miles. Our first stop at Skoogey's is at approx. 25 miles. Our second stop (time permitting) is at the 49 mile mark.

If this is your first time attending the ride, the sights, sounds and smells are simply amazing this time of year. You won't be disappointed.

I will be there

I think we pass more signs for EGGS FOR SALE at the end of people's driveways than anything else.

Its the right arm. but I'm not riding due more to not being able to comfortably reach out to the bars. and fear of hitting bumps. or falling would be awful. think I gotta just take it easy so I don't make it worse.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account