Re: 11th Annual MopedLar Ride....May 25th, NJ

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I pace the ride at about 25 mph, so as long as you can do 25 mph, you should be able to keep up just fine.

See you at the ride!

We are bringing stock bikes this year -- don't worry you won't be alone

Stocker and 225lbs on it.

Dont worry about being last, hahahahaaaa.....

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Stockers almost always finish the ride without incident. It's the kitted peds that usually end up on the side of the road waiting for the chase vehicle to pick them up.

Anyone from central Ohio making the trip?

John Joedicke /

That isn't always the way it is but it seems that some people just think they can throw a kit at a moped and away they go. A kitted moped can do rides just as long as a stocker and better. Prepare accordingly. I won't be on a moped but a small MC but when I had a well kitted Tomos it would run day in and day out without issues at whatever distances I threw at it. She was sold after 11 years with still the original Airsal kit and modifications and no issues with endurance/compression/mechanicals etc. Again prepare the bike properly and you will not have issues. See you all in New Jersey, only a couple of weeks away.

Jason Collier /

anyone from ma/ri going?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

2 weeks from Saturday bump......

Nick Edelschein /

Stoked, ill be the guy in a kilt

Beard Road Bruiser (SoB) /

Shit... I better buy my trailer.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Get that trailer and get down here. It's gonna be an epic ride this year. Hoping to break the 100 rider mark!

Nick Edelschein /

11 days bump

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Kim picked up all the food yesterday. We added pork BBQ to the menu this year.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

i will bring the soda pop....

if i can get the sachs' clutch working, i will have a loaner bike.

its just time, i think i have the wrong doughnut or plates wrong.

it revs too high before the clutch catches. everything is good on it, i had a three disk stock,but i have a two disk replacement from a d to make work.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

To all ride Attendees......please use the next week to get your moped into riding "shape". The ride is 63 miles long and can take it's toll on bikes that are not well maintained. We usually experience about a 10% breakdown rate each year and we'd like to reduce that percentage as much as possible. The four most common breakdown causes are:

Flat/blown tires......please replace bald and cracked tires before the ride.

Clogged fuel filters....please check and replace your inline fuel filter if needed. Make sure your gas tank is clean and free of scaly rust.

Clogged main carb jets.....If you don't have an inline filter, you may want to install one, especially if you have a rusty tank. Check your carb bowl for sediment and clean it out if needed.

Running out of gas....Please make sure you start the ride with a full tank of gas. There will be a gas stop at the mid-point of the ride. Please take advantage of this opportunity. Don't rely on the chase vehicle to bail you out if you run out of gas. There will be a very limited amount of emergency gas available.

Please also check your drive chains for proper tension and lubrication.

Thanks and have a safe ride to NJ!!!(edited)

Wolf Wizard /

Stoked, Stoked, Stoked, Stoked. Just need to put the Safari back together in a week haha.

Yeah - the running out of gas is an issue that simply should not be.

Larry Lies - sometimes he breaks over 25MPH and hits 30MPH.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Larry Lies - sometimes he breaks over 25MPH and hits 30MPH.

only when it's raining or when I'm hungry.

Jerry Franek /

I'm not commenting on this speed topic as sometimes I think my only purpose on "Death" rides is to give room for Jersey kids to pull in just in front of me. And to give Rob someone to holler at. Cataract surgery next Tuesday may prevent my attending as hem surgery did last year. Seems like I'm cursed.

Can't decide what to ride anyway. Extreme thirst is a valid speed reason too.

Jerry, postpone your eyeballs. Larry's ride comes once a year.

And just for the record, I holler at everyone.

Wolf Wizard /

Rob K Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

postpone your eyeballs.

bwaha

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Jerry, you can ride with eye patches. Just follow the smell of 2-stroke oil. Seriously, I hope you can make it, but your health must come first. Best of luck whatever you decide to do. We'd love to have you though.(edited)

GET REALIZED! BE HERE NOW! /

CMON JERRY teach the youngings how it's done

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

1 week bump....pray for nice weather!

Jerry Franek /

The War Department has spoken and I'm going to miss the ride. The eye quack told her "no way". Turns out my cat surgery is trickier than the usual ones and he prohibits dirt and vibrations. And I'm here to tell you that I've been riding with a patch and the lack of depth and peripheral perception is not safe, seriously.

I hope everyone has a safe, fun day. Actually, Lar, I'll pray for a couple inches of snow and a postponement.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

We'll miss you Jerry. Hope your surgery goes well.

Will miss you buddy....gotta take care of those peepers though. Hope they turn out well for ya. Now about that praying for snow.........

Moe

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I'll pray for a couple inches of snow and a postponement.

Sorry Jerry......but the weather forecast for next Saturday is looking good, although a bit cool. Let's hope it stays this way.

RobK and I will launch this ride one way or another, but I would still bring rain gear just in case. I'll have my "Frogg Toggs" in my saddlebags.(edited)

Despite the worry, rain actually made it more fun last year.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

googles and grannys ass doughnuts jerry

you'l be missed

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account