Avanti Super Sport leaking oil. This Normal???

My supersport is still brand new but when I park I notice oil drippings. Is this normal or is there a problem. If it is a problem how can it be fixed. It seems to be dripping on top of the exhaust pipe. I am guessing it is coming from the gear box.

Re: Avanti Super Sport leaking oil. This Normal???

My Puch leaks oil slightly out of the exhaust joint, especially when I was using a 20:1 mixture.

Ken DeKing /

Check the collar that tightens the exhaust pipe to the jug. My autopower had black oil running down the pipe until I tightened mine.... Ken D

Ron Brown /

Ron,

If you have a transmission leak, you are the only one who can find it. Clean all the oil off the engine, take a short ride, then look for the source.

Ron

This is normal...Most likely it's coming out of the crankcase breather...It does this when it's overfilled...the fill amount is 350cc...Go over that and it drips out the breather tube until it gets rid of the excess...

I think it is normal. My super sport does it too. I may just be because of the mixture you use. If it is strong than the motor may not burn all of the oil so some drips may go into the tailpipe. This will happen if you run it a real low rpm's a lot too.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account