DO NOT BUY from www.mopedsonline.com

Brock Zurcher /

On thursday, Sept. the 21st, I ordered 2 tires and 1 tube, and today I got a call from our credit card company saying that their were suspicous charges on our card. It turns out that 4 hours after I ordered my parts, someone ran up almost 600 dollars on my card in the same town that mopedsonline.com is located in. I know I can't prove that they did it, but all evidence points toward them. Not good.

RE: DO NOT BUY from www.mopedsonline.com

What part of the world is mopedsonline located in anyway?

NEVER EVER put your creditcard number on the net! It's like puuting your cardnumber on a messageboard or giving a known burglar the keys to your house.

If you order something off the net than order it COD.

Simon King /

I don't know if I agree Ivo - I buy things online all the time with my credit card. As long as it's a reputable company and they have a secure server I don't really see any problem. Yes, your account could be hacked into or something - but the convience far out-weighs the risk for me. -- too often companies don't ship C.O.D. either.

---

has anyone else had problems with mopedsonline.com? this is far more serious of a problem then just shipping things late or poor customer service? -- have you contacted them and asked them about it? hopefully someone gets fired over this and it wasn't the company but just a bad individual.

i've ordered with no problems with my amex card through www.themopedjunkyard.com and also through www.stevesmoped.com.

all the credit cards i've had have no liability for any internet fraud. that's just an incentive they put out to not be afraid of net shopping but it works well. but obviously you should be wise yourself and only use secured servers with 128 bit encryption (the highest i know of) and use reputable sites.

or if you like american express blue offers a free card reader if you request it with the card so you never have to input your cc info online you just input it in the scanner and it reads it from your home pc. i myself never got around to using it. i just use sites i know so i don't have to.

good luck

dave

-moped army-

Brock Zurcher /

Just so everone knows, it did have a secure server with certficate, and it is located in hollywood florida.

Now that I think about it!!!!!!

Shane Wolfe /

I had supicious charges after ordering from them! It was a bunch of stuff, including items from the WWF and an Adult Check ID card. ( 900 odd dollars for a Baseball Jersey). I'll have to call and see what town they were ordered from.

Man.... this sucks!

RE: Now that I think about it!!!!!!

MopedsOnline.Com /

Not sure where this customer is coming from, no one has notified me here at mopedsonline.com for any fraudulent charges on this gentleman's card. I have a secure web site in the complete shopping area, not just at checkout. Sorry you feel that your card was used by the one and only member of the company, myself. I have been online for over 3 years now, and have not had any problems regarding security, the site is secured by a legitimate SSL provider, THAWTE. If it helps ease any minds out there about my location, I live and work in Miramar, Florida, a suburb of Hollywood. I do not take my customers info and use it elsewhere, nor is it available to anyone other than myself.

Regards,

Bob Morgan

President

http://www.mopedsonline.com/

P.S. I hate WWF and Baseball too! Football on the other hand, Dolphins WILL be kickin booty this year!

MopedsOnline.Com /

Not sure where this customer is coming from, no one has notified me here at mopedsonline.com for any fraudulent charges on this gentleman's card. I have a secure web site in the complete shopping area, not just at checkout. Sorry you feel that your card was used by the one and only member of the company, myself. I have been online for over 3 years now, and have not had any problems regarding security, the site is secured by a legitimate SSL provider, THAWTE. If it helps ease any minds out there about my location, I live and work in Miramar, Florida, a suburb of Hollywood. I do not take my customers info and use it elsewhere, nor is it available to anyone other than myself.

Regards,

Bob Morgan

President

http://www.mopedsonline.com/

P.S. I hate WWF and Baseball too! Football on the other hand, Dolphins WILL be kickin booty this year!

I BELEIVE WOULD TALK TO OWNER BEFORE GOING THIS FAR, BASHING---NEVER HEALPED, TAKE A LOOK AT BOTH SIDES, CALL THE OWNER

Brock Zurcher /

If you look closely, you will see I never said that they did it, just that all evidence points toward them.

Bob / MopedsOnline.Com /

Brock,

You could have had the courtesy to call me to find out what the problem is, and to resolve it. I really appreciate all the positive advertising you did for my company, Im sure it's going to go over well. I was going to wait for you to reply to my email regarding this issue, and GIVE you the parts that you ordered. But, seeing that you have only one intention here, to make accusations, in which you DID do, I think I'll reconsider the free parts. You stating that the things that were charged to your card were purchased here locally, I can guarantee that you cant even prove that! The probability of that even getting close to happening, is so remote, it's rediculous, unless I personally made the fraudulent charges, again, putting my business in jeopardy. Yeah, I think I'll do that after spending the amount of money and time that I have to make the site an informative and productive one. Now, folks like you that can't appreciate a good thing, looking to destroy goods things possibly for their own benefit, is pretty rediculous. You in the moped business? Sure seems like it!

RE: You CAN buy from MopedsOnline!

Bob / MopedsOnline.Com /

Doug,

Thanks for the heads up on this, and for your support. Unfortunatley some folks are out to just have fun ruining others pleasure. Was waiting for his reply via email or phone, as I had emailed him immediately after hearing that he had problems. But, no dice, he's got something up his sleeve. I for one, would be on the horn immediately with the person or company if I felt they tried to defraud me! Was gonna give him the lousy parts he ordered had he of called me or emailed me when I tried to charge his card for the order, it was refused, so I emailed him back when he placed his order. No response. (well, at least not to me, but to the international community instead) Thanks again for your support, at least someone has a bit of sence out here. (no offense to the rest of the moped community)

Bob

Shane J. Wolfe /

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start the confusion that I did. I was going on pure coincidence, which is not a good way to do things. As a matter of fact, I did get both good parts, and good service from mopedsonline.com. My Puch thanks you for that!

Shane Wolfe

78 Puch Maxi

Brock Zurcher /

I never did get an e-mail, nor a phone call from you. I can prove it too, I have a certificate from First USA Visa With the information about the two fradulent purchases, INCLUDING the address, so I can prove it. BTW, I really doubt that, since you say that their is no way you could have done it, gave away $120 dollars in free parts.

So, maybe if I HAD recieved a phone call or e-mail i would of tried to contact you about it. Also, I never said that mopedsonline made the fradulent charges, and was going to report the outcome of the situation, I just wanted to warn people who might buy from your site untill I got the issue resolved. Additionally, the fact that there was nothing on our credit card other than the purchace off your site. So, In closing, I want to state again, that I never said that mopedsonline stole my credit card #, I just told the evidence.

MopedsOnline.Com /

Brock, I had made several attempts to contact you about your card being denied to purchase the few parts you ordered. Had you of come to me, instead of notiifying the world that someone somehow got your card number, your order from us would have never been charged, but you would have received them for free. However, you make accusations that things were purchased in my home town, which is highly unlikely, since there are no record of proof that you have sent me, nor did the person that got your card number order from me with your same card. How am I supposd to know that someone racked up a bunch of charges on your card if you dont have the decency to report it to me, so I can report it to the FBI with the rest of the schmucks that try to hack our sites. Instead , you go to some stupid moped forum, and make accusations that my company made these charges. As for the free parts, I was going to just give you the lousy parts you ordered since it would not have broke me, to make up for your inconvenience, but instead you decided to make a mountain out of an anyhill.

UI'll be glad to share the info tot he rest of the moped community that you are purchasing parts, then renigging on them stating that you neever nade the orders. The FBI has your order, and there is no way poissible that I coiuld have obtained your poersonal info without you placing it on your order. Sorry you feel that everyone is out to rip you off, but I was more than happy to send you the poarts you ordered free of charge,but since you still insist that we caused your problem, please shop elsewhere and pay the overpriced prices elsewhere.

Business like your is not needed here.

Regards,

Bob Morgan

MopedsOnline.Com, Inc.

P.S. Sure is strange my 1000+ customers have not had the same problem, other than a couple who tried to scam using other peoples credit cards.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account