Mosled Test Run.

Re: Mosled Test Run.

Alejandro Schröeder /

wtf is that

So stupid, yet so cool. It looks like a Ruckus though.

EMERICA! Thats sweet!

Alejandro Schröeder /

now if he only combined that with the super long forks from this thread

Throw a kit on it

No kit needed at this time...

Emerica, Yo need to get that thing to hook up... it will go quick i bet. Does your front ski have a carbide runner?

maby try attaching a roller blade wheel so it just hangs down a little bit from the bottom of the front ski's to help roll some of that weight when there is not enough snow on the street ?

I think it's gonna run nice on a lake. When it does hook up, it gets going, steering is another story. It was all kinda a "what if..." that materialized.

I might try changing the gearing, it's tough to keep it in a low enough throttle position to keep the wheel from spinning . I'm really light too so I've gotta sit way back to get it going and keep it going.

There was allot of grit on that road and it just diggs a hole in the fluffy stuff.

Its just a murray gt snow racer, plastic skis, unwaxed.(so far )

Once they break I'll look into alternatives.

Stupid or not, the damn thing is FUN and that's all that matters.

Pinnacle kids bike front end. - Garbage

Murray GT - $20

Motorized Bike Tank - Reused

Pocket Bike - Garbage

Headlight - reused from motorized bike.

I like it.

The Reverend Defecator /

Well it's definitely better than not having a mosled.

YES

RADIUM CITY JO$HUA /

That was the funnest :25 ive had all day.

Unsanded, closed road, people go take the dogs out so it gets packed but not sanded, nice and thick pack.

Tonight’s damage - Broken pull-start spring Trying to rebend a hook results in a snap. Might try with heat. Drill battery was too pooped to get a drill start, if that's gonna be enough. Metal pullstart on order, few days back, estimated a week.

And cracked front ski (curb) its behind the mount, time to find a kids skidoo runner, still ridable until it totals. I'd think a runner might help the steering.

Dunno how long drillstart would last, cheapo pocketbike has a allen head bolt on the flywheel, not a nut. end up stripping that out.

Too fun.

Frostback Ditch /

Wish I had one of those...... Oh well, maybe next year.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

no pedals

you look very not visible, might think about an ATV flag.

Lol @ pedals - Mosled not Snowped. Though I figured "Not a moped" would have been posted by now :)

I could see a flag or something at the lake, but on a closed road I think we'll live without it. The only traffic there is the odd person taking the dog out for a walk.

Trying to find a front ski, might pop by the sled salvage place on way home if they are open late enough.

Gps'ed tonight. New pullstart and used a torch to melt the cracked areas of the plastic ski together , used some plastic from the old seat to patch/build it up in weaker spots, working for now.

120lb rider - 38.74km/h

180lb rider - 36.90km/h

I was hoping for 20, maybe 30 if I was lucky. Happy.

Seems like middle to 3/4 of the rpm range is where it's sitting, so maybe with some gearing change might get some more out of it but need to find good ski. or maybe an aluminium skateboard, get the handling sorted first.

I had a look at a bunch of snowmobile runners and they are just too big, I'd need one from a kittty kat or something and they are wanted machines. The china snowmobiles are showing up more, but not many replacement parts.

Start wit some 3/8' round stock. cut it to lenght, run some welds along it building it up ti desired thickness. Grind the welds to a point of sorts. Weld some bolts/studs to it and you have a runner... maybe even use 1/4" round stock.. just an idea if you have the resources. The welds will hold up to a bit more abuse that just grinding the round stock to a point.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Josh Besecker /

I was afraid to open this thread... I thought the first word in the title said MOLESTED..and I just didn't know what to expect...

+1 for no molestation on MA~~~

And I'd ride that~

my father mosled-ed me

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

WillD SWOOP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> my father mosled-ed me

LOL, thanks for the socket.

Some updates.

Front plastic ski is toast. It has been replaced with a rossignol ski, cut down.

Mounts to the forks with a skateboard truck with some bearings and the kingpin tightened up. Working pretty well.

Tomos seat was dropped for a larger kymco agility50 seat, fits well and allows for two riders, or allows a single rider to get more weight over the tire.

New speed record 41.56kmh on the last gps run.

#2 has been getting built this month.

Just about to wire the killswitch, need a new battery for lights and It'll be set for the white shit.

Dope...got some wicked horse trails nearby would be awesome fer those...

Awesome!

paul massey /

i want one so i can ride year round