WillD presents: Dick TRACy

here's my dumb thing. It's name is TRACy Meade

When I first started working on Tracy Adkins, it was just a spare TRAC Clipper frame Mark Swoop had picked up. I bought it for $25 cuz i'm dumb and was bored. Tracy Byrd didn't even have a motor at the time, so I fabbed up some mounts for an A35

the Bottom mounts on the Trac match the a35 perfectly, so chain alignments easy peasy. it just needed top bolt hangers - i just welded in a few simple tabs.

I then got to thinkin, hey - I've got this sweet beefy mountainbike extended monoshock swingarm - that'll look rad if I can fit it on Spencer Tracy!

So I cut out the mounts to fit and slid her in there in place of the boring old swingarm

Also had some sweet XR80 forks, they'd originally been intended to go on my Sachs, but the head tube was too short. But I didnt mind cutting down the head tube on Ole Tracy Ullman! Pulled the cup out, cut it flat and pressed the cup back in, FLAWLESS

I put some old tomos 16's on, and the legshieilds etc, and Tracy v1 RATATRAC doodoo pile RAt bike fun was born

HOLY SHIT though, This'd be way more fun if TRACi Lords had some mini Supertom tomos minidirtbike wheels!!!

The chain line/tension was a bitch on Tracy Morgan, so I wound up making a skateboard wheel tensioner (with a blue matching wheel WOWOWOW)

It worked well, and I found that softer durometer wheels actually wear down less because they deform a littlebit elastically before shredding the way the harder wheels did. that was kindof counter intuitive. I put some bolts through the wheel and stuck it in a drill, then held a chain around it to wear in grooves and keep it a nice chain tensioner. Put a A55 front sprocket on to push the chain out some too. I've actually since rearranged the chain on Tracy Chapman to run without the tensioner.

I mounted a number plate on Tracy Byrd using the Supertom's number plate mounts, mounted the trac fender high under the XR80 triple tree and made a headlight mount in it. then spraypainted it gratuitously with SWOOPS (in matching blue of course)

Supertom high pipe, slightly modded to fit the legshields

nice lil seat on there:

and Tracy Bonham is finished.

more pics:

Re: WillD presents: Dick TRACy

But will it blend?

I don't know why... but legos

So what happens to the chain when the shock compresses?

Born to be WillD /

chain actually does well, the swingarm's pivot is very close to the front sprocket, and the shock doesn't move very far as it compresses, pretty short action - so the change in chainline length as the shock compresses is pretty minimal. It's less of a problem without than it was with the tensioner.

it did take me a while to get it, alot of dropped chains at first, but it does beautifully now. I've been riding it around quite a bit, and pretty hard, rode it 7mi to work this morning even, and the chain's been fine.

I think your Tractor is sexy.

I want those bars for my bicycle

@ Will D~ first off congrats on a Master Biuld ,tho I do wonder how it handles and what kind of speed you are getting with the smaller tires on your Putt ?

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

better than a million maxis

Born to be WillD /

WELL DON! those two questions are pretty intricately tied!

It handles rather poorly, the ride is pretty low, the long swingarm feels awkward around turns, and the tiny knobby tires are hardly ideal for hard turning. BUT it's pretty slow. like 30. It's got good pull though. haven't jumped it, limited offroad so far. Anyhow I don't think I'm comfortable with it going faster, though the brakes rule and it all feels quite smooth. we'll see, i'll get bored with it as-is and either make it faster or sell it. who knows.

the smaller diameter of the wheels let/forced me use a pretty small sprocket on the back, but that also made it possible to run without the chain tensioner

funny shit. It actually looked pretty sweet with the 16s on it, but whatever it's just a damn Trac anyway.

looks totally retarded. but i bet i'd have a retard grin all over my face if i got a chance to ride it

Born to be WillD /

Max Ramos Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> looks totally retarded. but i bet i'd have a

> retard grin all over my face if i got a chance to

> ride it

exactly. I like retarded looking bikes.

A bump for Will D !~

WillD SWOOP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> exactly. I like retarded looking bikes.

fuck ya. i dig it

that thing is so ugly that is beautiful

HA I love mini tom wheels, I put some on a V1 concord!

(edited)

mini concord 1.jpg
mini concord 2.jpg

Born to be WillD /

I'ma sell it. It's too impractical to have around, I have too much crap.

it was fun to see if i could do it, i did it. thafuq do i need another moped for anyway.

250 bucks. but if you take it apart just to use the motor, the motor alone's 300. that's the deal.

this is so stupid rad.

5th pic down at the top, I would ride that shit every day. sell me the leg shields, for real.

Born to be WillD /

might. 3rd 4th and 5th down I just had some regular size wheels on it, and a better seat really.

I could just put some regular size wheels on there, there's plenty of room and it might then be an actually rideable bike instead of a flying pile of laughs. BUT I have enough ridable mopeds, and enough piles of laughs too. SEE YA LATER TRAC!

Born to be WillD /

i put tracy byrd in there twice. i dont know why, but for those not in the know, he's even more retarded than this "build"

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account