Hard wire e50

Hope you guys can help me with this question? I am trying to hard wire my 84

maxi sport. I have seen the diagrams and understand how to, but in all the diagrams they say to use the grey wire from the stator. Mine does not have a grey wire coming from the stator. This is what I have.

Yellow

Blue with Black

Green

Blue

Blue with green

Has anybody seen this pattern before? Please Help.

Thanks, Matt

Re: Hard wire e50

Salsa Salsa /

Everyone has. Search the wiki!

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

Looks like someone has upgraded to the 12 volt coil.

Can you tell me what wire substitutes the grey? I bought this and the on and off switch didn't work, and the previous owner used the horn button for the kill switch. So i am trying to do away with the switches that don't work.

Run the yellow from the stator to the headlight and taillight together. Just twist the wires from both lights together, jam them in the wiring block opposite the yellow, and tighten. Also, take out those two accessory coils and just leave the ignition and lighting. Less crap to deal with.

what you mean? I love he accessory coils, puch is the only bike where the lights dont dim when I hit the breaks because of this!

Probably Fred /

Hardwiring all to one coil is dumb/wrong and can overload/fry the coil .

Puchs have a coil for headlight, horn and speedo, a coil for the taillight and a coil just for the brakelight so why not use them all

i agree with ken. i just follow the hardwire guide in the wiki and all is well i have tail light headlight brakelight and all are so bright. i dont use my horn or a killswitch.

Guys I understand how to wire using the wiki hardwire diagram. It still does not answer my original question. The diagram shows the grey wire, and my stator only has this pattern.

Yellow

Green

Blue & Black

Blue

Blue & Green

What wire would I use in place of the grey wire?

Isn't grey the ground?

Blue-black is the hot, and should run to your external coil. Ground the blue, ground the green, ground the blue and green, and run the yellow for your lights. Done. Fuck the grey wire.

Im trying to figure out why my stator does not have the grey wire. The grey wire is for the tail light right?

Salsa Salsa /

OMG DUDE!!!!!! you have a later model maxi that has a different stator. see the attached photo for a full diagram!

GREEN BLACK TO COIL. you might be thinking your wire is Blue/green. . . maybe its just old and discolored.

Yelllow to head light.

Green looks like its your "gray" wire.

puchsm119.jpg

Thanks for the diagram of the later model. Maybe the owner before me changed the wiring, but the color of the wire is blue with green spots up and down the wire. The way this thing was wired to the terminal is totally different from the stock diagrams. I am just gonna start over.

Salsa Salsa /

The one I posed is up to 81' so the wiring is closer to yours than an older one. But if you could find a newer manual I bet it would be better

I've seen many stators that do not have the grey wire. I think it's just a version that didn't have a dedicated tail light wire. Just split off from the yellow, as people have said.

Does anybody have a 84 maxi sport wiring diagram they could post?

I have searched but only found manuals for sale.

Thanks, Matt

First, do you have a 4 coil Bosch magneto. Focus on the start of the power sorce(s). What color wire comes off trhe small coil that sits on top of the large coil with the yellow wire on the generator assy??

Hey bro, eat one. All of us GB boys have been running one coil lights for years with no problems. More electrics = more problems and headaches when trying to diagnose problems.

Salsa Salsa /

Booooya. Say it again Corey!

several diagrams i looked at all had the grey feeding the taillight, always on.

guess if you won't pull the flywheel to trace wiring out, you can look see what color is feeding the taillight (not brake) bulb.

that color is your missing grey wire.

Got it figured out. Thanks to all the help from you pros. This sight is great.

My rebuild is almost complete. I will post some pics soon.

Thanks, Matt

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account