moped yardsale-ing

any1 here ever go2 yard sales on their 'peds? like just ride all around yours and neighboring towns goin 2 yard sales on a hot day? its the greatest! i KNOW at least 1 of them this year is gonna have a 70s 'ped at it 4 almost nothing, either that or ill talk to some1 who "has one sitting in their basement" (ive gotten one that way already, an '83 Murray, which my friend jenna crashed!) anyway, by the time may rolls around i know im gonna have another 'ped! :P

-Garret

Re: moped yardsale-ing

That DOES sound like fun,Garrett!Now I COULD get my wife to ride with me with yard sale shopping as an incentive.Ha!I just MAY try that.Good idea.Most women just love yard sales.Say,Garrett,is that friend Jenna the same girl who asked about West Virginia moped laws yesterday?Just curious.`Ped til yer red'!

no, my friend lives on the same street as me (in Acton MA). tell Ree to pull the head off his Tomos & see if its leaking, just read 1 of his posts about the semi-running tomos, and im almost SURE its a compression problem. if not, then check all the carb seals where it meets the engine (like where the manfold goes in, and where it meets the reed valve) oh! also check the reed valve too!

sorry, its almost 3am & i cant sleep, babbling like crazy

-Garret

I'm getting paid for staying up and drinkin' coffee,Garrett.I gotta go brew some coffee now `cause my eyes are going crossed.Don't go to sleep,Garrett.I need the company.Ha!

When I go to yard sales on my moped and park it out front , someone almost always says to the person holding the sale, "How much do want for the moped " so I know how to sell it when I'm ready. I never see mopeds at yard sales, and I'm always looking. I dream of finding a beautiful old moped from the 50s at one. My other dream is to pull up to a yard sale and find a table full of toy robots from the 50s & 60s. and shout out " I'll take em all " Any one else share my passion. bruce

Haha

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account