Moped/Scooter MPG ratings

I'm just wondering what the miles per gallon ratings are for a typical 49cc moped. I can commute 4 days (24 miles a day) on about 1 gallon, which is all my 1986 QT50 will hold. Anyway, it's close to a gallon, maybe less. I have'nt seen any official MPG ratings for the QT50, and was curious about other manufacturer's ratings.

Re: Moped/Scooter MPG ratings

The Vespa Grande is advertised to get 150 mpg stock, but I'd imagine it's closer to 125 or even 100

My '83 QT50 gets about 125 miles per gallon. But remember, mileage will be different from others. In my case, it's just flat out driving here in Oklahoma, lots of open spaces. Not a lot of start and stop traffic. That affects mileage alot.

I checked this out very carefully on my Batavus HS-50. THe closest I could tell, I was getting 135-140 MPG! Definitely no less than 130.

I got 125 all-around type riding with 50cc,then I put the 60cc Polini kit on and I get 90mpg.But the extra boost was worth it `cause it hauls my ponderous weight up hills better.This is on a totally loaded down moped grossing 400lbs.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account